青少年, 14, 在没有得到母亲许可的沙龙里染眉毛的她在圣诞节那天被送进了医院 – where doctors claimed allergic reaction could have left her DEAD or blind
A teenager was left with her eyes ‘glued shut’ after suffering a severe allergic reaction to an eyebrow treatment at a local shop in Colchester.
在 圣诞 前夕, mum-of-five Rhia Vikki West rushed her 14-year-old daughter, Cheyanne, to hospital for urgent treatment.
A day earlier, the young girl had received a henna eyebrow and eyelash tint in Colchester which led to disastrous results.
Cheyanne spent Christmas Eve in hospital with her mum, receiving steroids and pain medication for severe swelling, but was later sent home – however her condition deteriorated overnight.
The reaction caused the family so much distress and they say it ruined their Christmas celebrations
After getting her eyebrows tinted Cheyanne West’s throat soon began to swell up and her eyes were so swollen she couldn’t see anything
The 14-year-old started screaming in pain after the reaction sent her to hospital for emergency treatment
Doctors informed Cheyanne she could have lost her eyesight or died. She described her ordeal as ‘a horrible experience’, that left her in hospital on Christmas Day
The teenager’s throat soon began to swell up and her eyes were so swollen she couldn’t see anything.
在圣诞节, Rhia took her daughter back to A&Ë, where she was told Cheyanne was lucky to be alive.
‘It was absolutely horrible,’ Cheyanne said.
‘I got my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted and I was really excited because I was going to a party and it was Christmas.’
图为: Cheyanne with her brother Caiden before the treatment. The young girl had received a henna eyebrow and eyelash tint in Colchester which led to disastrous results.
Cheyanne’s mum wasn’t present at the time of the visit to the Colchester salon so she had to cal her grandmother for persmission
Cheyanne before the incident, now she won’t be able to wear makeup for a long time, can’t get tattoos and her eyebrows have started to fall out
‘I woke up and my whole face was swollen and I couldn’t see anything, I was so scared and upset.’
‘The doctors told me I could have lost my eyesight and that I could have died. It’s been a horrible experience.’
‘I was screaming in pain.’
Cheyanne remained in hospital for most of Christmas Day, before being sent home to recover.
With New Year’s Eve around the corner, Rhia wants to warn fellow parents to take care when it comes to beauty treatments and make sure salons do a patch test
Cheyanne remained in hospital for most of Christmas Day, before being sent home to recover from the reaction
然而, she has since developed painful blisters ‘that keep popping’ on her eyebrows and the hair has begun to fall out, with the teenager fearing it will never grow back.
她说: ‘I’m starting to feel alright now but my eyebrows are still in a lot of pain and keep falling off and my eyes keep weeping yellow.’
‘I have loads of blister that keep popping too.’
The experience ruined the family’s Christmas plans, leaving Rhia distraught at almost having lost her daughter.
Cheyanne remained in hospital for most of Christmas Day, before being sent home to recover. Cheyanne with her mother’s partner Will
Rhia had never had a beauty treatment and never suspected this sort of thing could happen afterwards
与此同时, two of her older children were stuck at home with Covid, both isolating in separate bedrooms.
With New Year’s Eve around the corner, the mum wants to warn fellow parents to take care when it comes to beauty treatments and make sure salons do a patch test.
She was not present at the time of the visit to the Colchester salon and claims the owner rang to ask for her permission to tint Cheyanne’s eyebrows and lashes.
然而, when the mum didn’t answer her phone, the salon allegedly settled for getting her grandmother’s permission instead.
Cheyanne after she suffered the allergic reaction. The salon offered a refund and a free treatment and the shop owner has been contacting the family non-stop
Cheyanne’s mum has now decided that she’ll not have any treatments done again until she’s over 21
‘It has caused us so much distress and ruined our Christmas,’ Rhia said.
‘Cheyanne won’t be able to wear makeup for a long time, can’t get tattoos and her eyebrows have started to fall out, she’s starting to lose the hair.
‘The shop owner tried to phone me for permission but I didn’t answer, so she phoned Cheyanne’s nan instead and then went ahead and did the treatment.’
‘I told them she’d had a reaction – this was before it got really bad – and they offered us a refund and a free treatment and the shop owner has been contacting us non-stop.’
While Cheyanne was going through her ordeal her two younger siblings were isolating at home with Covid
‘I want to warn other parents.
‘Always get a patch test but more importantly, remind your children they are already beautiful and don’t need treatments like this.’
‘The heartbreaking thing is that I could have lost my daughter, just for having an eyebrow and eyelash tint.’
‘I’ve never had a beauty treatment and I never would have thought this kind of thing could happen.’
‘She’ll never have anything done again, she’ll have to wait until she’s 21.’
‘We’re just lucky she’s alive and hasn’t lost her vision.’
WHAT IS ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK
Anaphylaxis, also known as anaphylactic shock, can kill within minutes.
It is a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction to a trigger, such as an allergy.
The reaction can often be triggered by certain foods, including peanuts and shellfish.
然而, some medicines, bee stings, and even latex used in condoms can also cause the life-threatening reaction.
根据 NHS, it occurs when the immune system overreacts to a trigger.
症状包括: feeling lightheaded or faint; breathing difficulties – such as fast, shallow breathing; wheezing; 快速的心跳; clammy skin; confusion and anxiety and collapsing or losing consciousness.
It is considered a medical emergency and requires immediate treatment.
Insect stings are not dangerous for most victims but a person does not necessarily have to have a pre-existing condition to be in danger.
An incremental build-up of stings can cause a person to develop an allergy, with a subsequent sting triggering the anaphylactic reaction.