ブロンクスで家が崩壊し、少なくとも7人が負傷

速報: 死者1名、負傷者7名, ガス爆発がブロンクスで大規模な火災を引き起こした後の3階建ての家の崩壊の3人の警官を含む – just one week after another huge blaze in the NYC borough killed 17

  • Police said they received a call just before 11am about a fire burning in a three-story residential building in the Bronx on Tuesday
  • City Councilman Rafael Salmanca, who represents the area, suggested the fire erupted from a gas explosion
  • An 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at a local hospital, while a 77-year-old remains in critical condition and a 68-year-old female was being treated for smoke inhalation
  • At least seven people were injured in the fire, including three police officers
  • The NYPD also announced that five officers were being treated for smoke inhalation
  • The building where the fire started has apparently collapsed
  • One person is dead and at least seven people were injuredincluding three police officerswhen a three-story home collapsed in a gas explosion fire in the Bronx on Tuesday morningjust one week after another massive blaze killed 17 people in Bronx apartment building three miles away.

    より多い 100 firefighters and EMS personnel responded to reports of a gas explosion and two-alarm fire on Intervale Avenue in the Longwood section of the Bronx in New York City, at around 11am.

    Crews were seen desperately trying to get the blaze under control before the three-story home collapsed.

    One person has died in the fire, による ニューヨーク 1 ニュース, with the New York Police Department saying an 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at Lincoln Hospital.

    さらに, ニューヨーク 1 レポート, a 77-year-old is in critical condition and a 68 year old female was transported to Lincoln Hospital with smoke inhalation.

    At least seven people have been injured in the fire, and were taken to the hospital. CBS 2 ニュース reports that at least one of the injuries is serious.

    The NYPD also reports that five officers are being treated for smoke inhalation.

    Newly-installed Mayor Eric Adams is expected to hold a press briefing about the fire at 2.45pm.

    A two-alarm fire broke out in a residential three-story building in the Bronx on Tuesday morning, apparently due to a gas explosion

    A two-alarm fire broke out in a residential three-story building in the Bronx on Tuesday morning, apparently due to a gas explosion

    Fire officials and members of the NYPD were on the scene of the fire

    Fire officials and members of the NYPD were on the scene of the fire

    The street, which was closed to allow fire crews to tackle the blaze, was filled with smoke after the morning fire

    The street, which was closed to allow fire crews to tackle the blaze, was filled with smoke after the morning fire

    The three-story home completely collapsed after the suspected gas explosion and house fire

    The three-story home completely collapsed after the suspected gas explosion and house fire

    より多い 100 firefighters and EMS personnel responded to reports of a gas explosion and two-alarm fire on Intervale Avenue in the Longwood section of the Bronx in New York City, at around 11am. Crews were seen desperately trying to get the blaze under control before the three-story home collapsed

    より多い 100 firefighters and EMS personnel responded to reports of a gas explosion and two-alarm fire on Intervale Avenue in the Longwood section of the Bronx in New York City, at around 11am. Crews were seen desperately trying to get the blaze under control before the three-story home collapsed

    At least seven people have been injured in the fire, and were taken to the hospital. CBS 2 News reports that at least one of the injuries is serious

    At least seven people have been injured in the fire, and were taken to the hospital. CBS 2 News reports that at least one of the injuries is serious

    Smoke continued to fill the air into Tuesday afternoon, and nearby streets were blocked off

    Smoke continued to fill the air into Tuesday afternoon, and nearby streets were blocked off

    Smoke continued to fill the air into Tuesday afternoon, and nearby streets were blocked off, による 狐 5 ニュース.

    Fire officials told DailyMail.com they first received a call about an explosion at a private dwelling just before 11am, before spreading to a nearby home. They are now classifying the fire as a ‘major emergency.

    Residents on social media likened the explosion Tuesday morning to an earthquake, with one woman who said she lives across the street saying her television fell off the wall as the fire started.

    The son of one of the victims also told the ニューヨークデイリーニュース his mother and aunt were inside the building at the time of the blast and he was now waiting at the hospital for any word on their condition.

    ‘Imagine getting a call out of the blue to find out you could be losing your mom and auntie,’ 彼は言った.

    After fire officials arrived on the scene and began to douse the fire, the Daily News reports, the building started to collapse, with the front façade falling onto a gray SUV parked outside.

    一点に, the firefighters were ordered to back out of the building to douse it from the outside out of fear that it may again collapse.

    There were also reports that a resident may have been trapped inside the building when the explosion occurred, according to the Daily News, but initial searches of the rubble have not uncovered any additional victims.

    City Councilman Rafael Salamanca’s office is now doing intake at a local church.

    Salamanca, who represents the area, suggested on Twitter that the fire erupted from a gas explosion, noting he will remain on the scene as fire officials continue to battle the blaze.

    A spokesperson for Con Edison confirmed to 1010 WINS investigators were on the scene, but would not confirm whether a gas explosion was the cause.

    The gas utility is now turning off service to the area, according to Public Advocate Jumaane Williams, whose office is monitoring the situation.

    Department of Building inspectors were also on the scene to investigate the fire and building collapse. DailyMail.com has reached out to Con Edison for more information.

    NYPD investigators will now work with the Fire Marshal to determine the cause of the blast. これまでのところ, there is no indication of any criminality involved.

    Gas emanated through the windows of nearby houses on Intervale Avenue

    Gas emanated through the windows of nearby houses on Intervale Avenue

    Fire officials remained on the scene as they tried to battle the blaze

    Fire officials remained on the scene as they tried to battle the blaze

    City Councilman Rafael Salamanca, who represents the area, suggested the fire began from a gas explosion, and said he will remain on the scene to get answers

    City Councilman Rafael Salamanca, who represents the area, suggested the fire began from a gas explosion, and said he will remain on the scene to get answers

    The fire comes just over one week after another large fire in the Bronx killed 17 people in an apartment building just three miles away.

    Fire experts, attributing smoke to the fatalities, believe a self-closing door in the Twin Parks North West complex may have malfunctioned, allowing the smoke to spread through the building. They believe the fire was caused by a faulty space heater.

    ‘The fire was contained to the hallway just outside this two-story apartment, but the smoke travelled throughout the building and the smoke is what caused the deaths and the serious injuries,’ Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro said during a press conference last Monday.

    Fire Marshals have ruled the fire ‘accidental,’ noting that it was caused by a malfunctioning space heater and that a ‘smoke alarm was present and operational’.

    A New York City official, who spoke to the newspaper on the condition of anonymity, revealed fire marshals suspect the space heater had been running uninterrupted for multiple days. According to a list of resident maintenance requests shared online, building received at least four complaints last year of units being without heat.

    It is unclear if the unit where the fire started was having an issue with heat.