Conor McGregor, 33, is accused of punching and breaking nose of Italian DJ ‘for no reason’ while partying with him and his wife at nightclub in Rome
MMA star Conor McGregor has been accused of punching and breaking the nose of an Italian DJ ‘for no reason’ after they had ‘spent the evening’ partying together at a nightclub in Rome.
McGregor, 33, has travelled to Italy with his family for the christening of youngest child Rian in the Vatican, as well as collecting his new luxurious superyacht.
However, Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti took to Instagram on Sunday to make a number of claims against the two-weight UFC champion.
He alleged that he and his wife had been partying and ‘having fun’ with McGregor for around two hours prior to the incident, before the Irish mixed martial artist invited them to another party.
Conor McGregor carries one of his children at the baptism of youngest child Rian in the Vatican
Conor McGregor and fiancee Dee Devlin, on holiday in Rome, are spotted walking the Spanish Steps before indulging in a shopping spree in Via dei Condotti with hundreds of adoring fans
It is unknown what caused the alleged incident, but the DJ claimed that McGregor then punched him ‘suddenly’ punched him in the face ‘for no reason’ to his one million Instagram followers.
He said: ‘At this moment I find myself at Parco dei Principi hotel in Rome, I’m not sure when I will post this video but at 2.30am this morning I was attacked by Sir Conor McGregor.
‘Yes, that very famous Conor McGregor that threw a punch to my mouth that busted my top and bottom lip. He broke my nose, there was blood, I’ve now cleaned myself up.
‘He attacked me outside The St. Regis in front of 10 of my witnesses, his friends and his bodyguard.
‘He attacked me for no reason seeing as we spoke for more than 2 hours and we had a good time together.’
Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti took to Instagram on Sunday to make a number of claims against the two-weight UFC champion
The DJ claimed he suffered a split lip and broken nose after being assaulted by McGregor after spending the evening in his company
He said on Instagram that the ‘very famous Conor McGregor that threw a punch to my mouth that busted my top and bottom lip’
The DJ, 41, added that the incident ‘could have been much worse’ as he described McGregor as ‘violent and dangerous’ on his social media.
He continued: ‘I could’ve stayed quiet and not said anything to anyone but seeing as I’m okay and I’m here telling you this story about Conor McGregor who throws a punch at someone who is not definitely not a fighter you could only imagine what could’ve happened.
‘Luckily I’m ok but that person is truly a violent and dangerous man. I took a punch for nothing, this punch could have landed my wife who was there with me, other women, my female friends that were the with me my other male friends and I am telling you this could have been much much worse.’
MailOnline has contacted McGregor’s representatives for comment. He is yet to respond to the allegations, and has been in Italy with his family for a number of days for christening celebrations.
McGregor poses for pictures with Rome manager Jose Mourinho during a trip to Italy with his family
Conor McGregor seemed in good spirits as he walked along the streets of Rome and did some shopping with his family
Fans gathered for pictures as McGregor strolled the streets of Rome with his partner Dee Devlin
McGregor was pictured with his arm round partner Dee and surrounded by bodyguards as he walked through Rome
He was mobbed by fans during a stroll along the streets of Rome, with dozens of fans seen taking snaps of the star.
The Irishman also took to Instagram to share a video of he and wife Dee Devlin walking around.
He wrote in the caption: ‘It’s great to see Italy, and especially Rome, on its feet strong and vibrant and energetic and Italian silk on the skin, is it butter, no it’s McGregor and the Italians.’
MailOnline has contacted McGregor’s team for contact on the alleged incident.