Conor McGregor is arrested for dangerous driving in his £140K Bentley

Conor McGregor is arrested for dangerous driving in his £140,000 Bentley on a Dublin motorway

  • Irish MMA star is understood to have been pulled over by Gardai on N4 last night
  • His Bentley Continental GT was reportedly seized but since been returned to him
  • Spokeswoman for McGregor told MailOnline he passed drugs and alcohol tests
  • The police service said a man in his 30s was released pending court appearance 
  • Conor McGregor has been arrested for alleged dangerous driving in his £140,000 Bentley Continental GT on a motorway in west Dublin last night.

    The Irish MMA star is understood to have been pulled over by Gardai while travelling to the gym along the N4 between Lucan and Palmerstown on Tuesday.

    His supercar was seized but has since been handed back to him, reported the Irish Independent

    The 33-year-old was charged with dangerous driving and is due to appear at Blanchardstown District Court next month.

    Conor McGregor (pictured in a file photo), 33, was arrested for alleged dangerous driving in his £140,000 Bentley on a motorway in Dublin last night

    Conor McGregor (pictured in a file photo), 33, was arrested for alleged dangerous driving in his £140,000 Bentley on a motorway in Dublin last night

    A spokeswoman for McGregor told MailOnline: ‘Mr. McGregor was driving to the gym when he was stopped by Gardai for alleged road traffic violations. 

    ‘He passed the drug and alcohol tests taken at the station.’

    A Garda spokesman confirmed that a man was arrested in relation to the incident and taken to Lucan Garda Station. He has since been released.

    In a statement, the police service said: ‘Gardai arrested a man aged in his 30s in relation an incident of dangerous driving in the Palmerstown area yesterday evening, Tuesday 22nd March 2022.

    ‘The man was taken to Lucan Garda Station where he was later charged. 

    ‘He has been released pending an appearance before Blanchardstown District Court at a later date.’

    The Irish MMA star (file photo above) was charged with dangerous driving and is due to appear at Blanchardstown District Court next month

    The Irish MMA star (file photo above) was charged with dangerous driving and is due to appear at Blanchardstown District Court next month

    McGregor is currently on the comeback path and has not fought since losing against Dustin Poirier back in July last year, a fight which saw him break his leg in his third defeat in four matches. 

    ‘The Notorious’, a former two-weight world champion, is expected to return to the Octagon later this year and has vowed to fight again for a world title despite losing his last two bouts. 

    Although the date and opponent when he returns has not yet been confirmed, McGregor is reportedly keen to face the winner of the Justin Gaethje vs Charles Oliveira fight in May, with a mooted return in early July.