Dinner at celebrity restaurant frequented by ‘world’s sexiest man’ Paul Rudd and Hollywood actor Dan Levy among the lots worth £15,000 at charity auction ending TONIGHT (and there’s a Tiffany blanket up for grabs)
A meal at one of London‘s most exclusive restaurants which is loved by ‘world’s sexiest man’ Paul Rudd is among the many lavish lots up for sale in a charity auction that ends tonight.
One lucky bidder will win a dinner for two at Indian restaurant Darjeeling Express in Covent Garden run by star of Netflix Chef’s Table Asma Khan.
The package also includes a signed and personalised book from the chef – whose book Gourmand World Cookbook Award was shortlisted for best debut cookbook in the Fortnum & Mason 2019 Awards.
The restaurant is said to be a favourite of Rudd, 52, who was recently voted People Magazine’s sexiest man alive who has visited the restaurant at least three times while filming in London.
A dinner for two at Indian restaurant Darjeeling Express in Covent Garden run by star of Netflix Chef’s Table Asma Khan is available at a charity auction
Paul Rudd dined there with Schitt’s Creek actor Dan Levy, who hailed the eatery ‘tremendous’ during a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, in August and chef Asma Khan shared a picture of the trio on Twitter
Among the other lots in the auction, worth upwards of £15,000, is a cashmere blanket from Tiffany and Co valued at around £525 and personal shopping experience and a £250 voucher at Paul Smith
One winner will also receive a one night stay at the new NoMad London with a guided tour of the Bow Street Police Museum &Magistrates’ Court
He also dined there with Schitt’s Creek actor Dan Levy, who hailed the eatery ‘tremendous’ during a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live – adding that Rudd may have had to ‘pull some strings’ to get them a spot.
‘That is the great Asma Khan,’ explained Levy when the chat show host asked about the chef in a picture of the two dining together.
Afternoon Tea for two at The Petersham Covent Garden is also available, served with a seasonal Bellini or a non-alcoholic seasonal cocktail
A privately guided tour of The Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition for a family of four with four free Butterbeers, four green screen photos and a goody bag for each guest is available
‘We had a tremendous meal in London. Paul had to pull some Ant-Man strings’, he added.
What is up for grabs at the auction?
- Jewellery pieces from brands, Alex Monroe, Bucherer and VASHI
- Accessories from Mulberry, Strathberry, Radley and Lulu Guinness
- One night stay at the new NoMad London with a guided tour of the Bow Street Police Museum &Magistrates’ Court
- Cashmere blanket from Tiffany and Co.
- 5-course tasting menu dinner at Frenchie for two guests with wine pairing
- Dinner for 2 at Darjeeling Express and a signed and personalised book from Asma Khan
- 8-course tasting menu with paired wines for two at Pivot
- Pair of Nike Air Jordan 1s from KICK GAME
- Overnight stay with breakfast at The Rosewood
- Personal shopping experience and a £250 voucher at Paul Smith
- Cashmere Sweater from Agnes B
- Afternoon tea for two at Petersham Nurseries
- £200 gift card for Sticks and Sushi
- Overnight stay at One Aldwych including breakfast
- £50 voucher for Aubaine
- Three-course dinner for two guests at Cinnamon Bazaar with arrival cocktails
- £150 dining voucher for Din Tai Fung
- Lunch or Dinner for two at The Ivy Market Grill
- Lunch or Dinner for two at Balthazar
- SUSHISAMBA dining experience
- Lunch for two at Floral by Lima including three courses and a bottle of wine
- Scentschool experience at Floral St Fragrance
- Meal for two at Gordon Ramsey Street Burger
- Guerlain Fragrance and makeup hamper
- Hotel Chocolat’s Large chocolatier’s table and £75 voucher
- Tickets to the London Transport Museum and a selection of products from the shop
- Round of drinks at Miracle at Henrietta
- Signed armchair by British Rapper KSI from Mrs Riot
- Limited edition gift set from Olivia Burton
- Christmas gift set from Penhaligon’s
- Tom Davies bespoke experience voucher for guests to create their ultimate handmade frame
- Ladurée lunch experience with a bottle of Champagne for two
- Dirty Martini Gold Pass to entitle the winner to complimentary martinis at any Dirty Martini bar for 12 months!
- 007 Bond Jumper from N Peal
- £200 dining voucher for Buns & Buns
- Smart writing set, smart planner, and two additional smart notebooks from Moleskin
- Cocktail Hamper from Bullards
- Hamper from OTO
- Hawaiian inspired dinner for two with tiki cocktails from El Ta’koy
- Brunch for two at Lilly’s
- Hamper from Le Pain Quotidien
- £100 Voucher for Chez Antoinette
- Overnight stay at One Aldwych including breakfast
- Two tickets to a performance and a goody bag from the Royal Opera House
- Lunch for four at Battersea Pie Station
- Overnight stay in a suit including breakfast at Blue Orchid Hotel
- A privately guided tour of The Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition for a family of four with four free Butterbeers, four green screen photos and a goody bag for each guest
- ’20 Whiskies That Changed The World’ tasting set from Whiskey Exchange
Rudd visited the acclaimed dining spot, which was originally a pop-up restaurant, in August this year while filming for the Ant Man movie series and Khan told Insider that Rudd was ‘very gracious’ with her staff ‘who were melting at the fact he turned up’.
Among the other lots in the auction, worth upwards of £15,000, is a cashmere blanket from Tiffany and Co valued at around £525 and a styling session at Paul Smith along with £250 spending money.
One winner will also receive a one night stay at the new NoMad London with a guided tour of the Bow Street Police Museum &Magistrates’ Court.
Bow Street was one of the UK’s most famous magistrates courts before it closed it’s doors in 2006 when it was developed into a luxury hotel.
Charles Dickens worked in the court as a reporter, while the Kray Twins, Jeffrey Archer, Oscar Wilde and Emmeline and Christabel Pankhurst were all tried there.
But the hotel is a far cry from the grimy 19th Century docks the buildings once saw, with luxury interior design and rooms boasting marble mosiac walk-in showers, freestanding clawfoot bathtubs.
The swanky hotel boasts views of the Royal Opera House, with two tickets to the performing arts venue also available.
Fashionista’s can bid on a chic Mulberry backpack, worth around £1,095, from their Heritage collection – designed in tribute to the early bags of the brand which were inspired by English country pursuits.
A pair of Nike Air Jordan 1s valued at £250are also available from KICKGAME in Covent Garden.
Alex Monroe’s iconic bumblebee necklace, a favourite of fans of the designer for over a decade, is available with minimum bids of £110.
Meanwhile bidders can also get their hands on Lulu Guinness’ signature Red Lips Clutch, inspired by the designers personal trademark red lipstick.
Beauty buffs can bid on a gift hamper worth over £200 from luxury CBD brand OTO or a Guerlain hamper worth £1000.
The ‘Scentschool experience’ at Floral St Fragrance will provide a tour of their Covent Garden store for the winner featuring the story of the founder and fun fragrance facts.
They will also receive 20 per cent discount on all purchases with a complimentary tote goodie bag, prosecco, mulled wine and nibbles.
Harry Potter fans can bid on privately guided tour of Covent Garden’s exhibition dedicated to the fantasy series.
The Harry Potter Photographic exhibition features iconic production photographs, taking fans behind-the-scenes of key moments in the film series, from Harry’s first day at Hogwarts through to the Battle of Hogwarts.
The winner will have the chance to experience green screen technology to ride a broomstick over London or become a member of the Ministry of Magic.
They will also receive four free Butterbeers and a goodie bag filled with Harry Potter merchandise.
An overnight stay with breakfast for two in the luxurious 5-star hotel Rosewood is also up for grabs.
Centrally located in the heart of London on High Holborn, moments from Covent Garden and housed in the original headquarters of the Pearl Assurance Company, the Rosewood is a renovation of the 1914 Edwardian, Grade II-listed building.
The Martin Brudnizki-designed Holborn Dining Room and year-round outdoor terrace offer British classics with a twist whilst Scarfes Bar serves creative cocktails alongside live jazz.
Afternoon Tea for two at The Petersham Covent Garden is also available, served with a seasonal Bellini or a non-alcoholic seasonal cocktail.
The savoury menu offers coronation chicken with toasted sourdough; Smoked trout blinis; Beetroot topped with camomile and ricotta; Scottish girolle arancini and Garden herb scones with lobster and crème fraiche.
Meanwhile sweet treats on offer include Pandan and kalamansi chiffon cake; Coffee choux bun; Malt macaroon; Pear and chocolate mousse cake and Lemon meringue tart
The ‘Gift For Good‘ charity auction was launched on Thursday and will run until 9pm this evening
The Covent Garden Christmas Charity Auction will donate all proceeds to Only A Pavement Away, who work alongside a number of foodbanks and homeless charities to help those in need throughout the festive season.