Elton John, 74, tests positive for COVID and is forced to cancel two concerts in Dallas: ‘He is fully vaccinated and is experiencing mild symptoms’
The legendary singer, 74, has been forced to cancel two shows in Dallas, Texas as a result, it was announced Tuesday.
‘It is with great regret that the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour dates in Dallas set for Tuesday, January 25 and Wednesday, January 26 must be postponed due to Elton recently testing positive for COVID-19,’ a statement confirmed.
‘Fortunately, Elton is fully vaccinated and boosted, and is experiencing only mild symptoms. Fans should hold on to their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled dates to be announced soon.’
Canceled: Elton John, 74, tests positive for COVID and is forced to cancel concerts in Dallas: ‘He is fully vaccinated and is experiencing mild symptoms’ (Pictured, January in New Orleans)
‘Elton and the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour look forward to returning to the stage shortly.’
The flamboyant British rocker had only just resumed his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour on Jan 20., when he returned to the stage in New Orleans after a nearly two-year hiatus.
‘Wow, we haven’t played a show since the 6th of March 2020. This is a new experience for us, I’ve never had this amount of time off in my life … playing music, well at least since I was 17 years of age,’ he told the crowd at that concert.
‘I have a fact for you, you have been holding on to these tickets for 745 days. And I can’t thank you enough for being so patient. We live in funny times but we’re gonna have a great time.’
Fans who purchased tickets have been told that they will be honored at a rescheduled date that will be announced in due course.
Elton has been keeping busy during the pandemic, releasing a collaboration album aptly-titled The Lockdown Sessions, which he made during the first COVID-19 lockdown.
Travelling: Elton is seen above arriving in Atlanta last week ahead of his 2022 USA Farwell Tour
Marking his retirement from performing on the road, John’s global tour began in September 2018.
Like other musicians he was forced to postpone live shows due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
His Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour had first been postponed back in March 2020.
He announced at the time that he would be postponing 19 dates as the pandemic began.
At the time, he told fans: ‘The health of my fans is of the upmost importance to me, so I have made the decision to reschedule my upcoming #EltonFarewellTour shows between March 26th – May 2nd.’
Taking a toll: Elton has been jetting around America recently to complete his latest farewell tour
Adding: ‘Unfortunately, as all of you know, there has been this awful pandemic…which is extremely worrying and extremely dangerous if we don’t take precautions.’
‘I would encourage you to stay at home, do what everyone tells you to do, take precautions, because I want you to be as safe as possible.’
He finished his statement by saying ‘when it is safe and when we can all enjoy ourselves together in the best possible circumstances.’
Last week, Elton was pictured arriving in Atlanta on his private plane with husband David Furnish.
He had been expected to tour across North America until April.
The tour is then scheduled to take him to Europe and back to North America before playing in Australia and New Zealand next year.
The Rocket Man star is expected to wrap up the tour in Europe in 2023.
A statement reassured fans: ‘Elton and the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour look forward to returning to the stage shortly’