お父さん, 56, choked to death on package of heroin and crack cocaine he was trying to swallow after police pulled him over, 審問は聞く
A father choked to death on a package of heroin and crack cocaine he tried to swallow after being pulled over by police in Blackpool, 死因審問は聞いた.
Ronald Robinson, 56, was driving a hire car which triggered an automatic number plate recognition camera on a Lancashire Police vehicle as he made his way down Knowle Avenue in the seaside resort.
Officers signalled for him to pull over but he initially refused to do so, LancsLive レポート.
Mr Robinson eventually stopped and officers saw him place a small package in his mouth.
Shortly afterwards he collapsed and died.
Ronald Robinson, 56, died choking on a package of heroin and crack cocaine after being pulled over by police in Blackpool. He was described by his sister, マンディ, as ‘bubbly and funny’ but explained he got involved with drugs after breaking up with the mother of his three children
When the package was removed from his airways it was found to contain wraps of heroin and crack cocaine.
An inquest which started yesterday, 六月 20, at Blackpool Town Hall saw members of the inquest’s jury shown bodycam footage from the officers who pulled over Mr Robinson.
Assistant Coroner Andrew Cousins warned the jury that the footage was ‘graphic’ but said it was important that they watched it in order to determine the circumstances surrounding Mr Robinson’s death.
審問の開始時, which is due to last five days, the jury heard a statement read out by Mr Robinson’s sister Mandy who described her brother as ‘bubbly and funny’.
彼女は言いました: ‘He came from a hard-working family and our parents did everything for us. I was closest to Ronald; he was our big brother and always looked out for us.’
Miss Robinson described how her brother became involved in drugs after splitting up with the mum of three of his children and moving into his own property in Queen’s Promenade.
‘He had no money and wasn’t able to care for himself,’ she told the inquest.
‘I went to visit him in Blackpool and he was living in accommodation provided by the local authority. He looked pasty and skinny. I found it impossible to get help for Ronald.’
At the beginning of last year Mr Robinson’s family, who are from Luton, managed to get him a place in a private rehab clinic to tackle his heroin addiction.
He responded to treatment well and ‘appeared to be looking a lot healthier’, 裁判所は聞いた. After leaving rehab he returned to Blackpool and his sister says he ‘always assured me he wasn’t back on drugs’.
An inquest started on Monday, 六月 20, at Blackpool Town Hall (写真). At the inquest members of the jury were shown bodycam footage from the officers who pulled over Mr Robinson
しかしながら, in the early evening of March 11 last year when police pulled over Mr Robinson, he was seen swallowing a small package and collapsed. Despite extensive attempts to resuscitate him he was pronounced dead at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. The package was later removed from his airway and tests confirmed it contained heroin and crack cocaine.
‘My mum shouldn’t have had to bury her son,’ Mr Robinson’s sister said. ‘Ronald was a mummy’s boy and mum’s favourite. Ronald has missed out on a lot and will always be missed.’
Home Office pathologist Dr Alison Armour confirmed the cause of death was upper airway obstruction caused by the package Mr Robinson swallowed. Examination of the package, which was seven centimetres in length, revealed it contained eight wraps of heroin and five of crack cocaine inside a plastic money bag.
Dr Armour confirmed that Mr Robinson had both heroin and cocaine in his system. She told the jury that when the two drugs are taken together, something which is known as ‘speed-balling’, the combined toxic effects are enhanced.
The inquest continues with the officers who detained Mr Robinson due to give evidence on Tuesday (六月 21).