ゴードン, in a flash: Chicken and butternut squash curry
This is how we do a midweek curry in a hurry at home. It’s one of the easiest and quickest curries, especially if you grate rather than dice the squash and onion, and cut the chicken into small cubes.
½ butternut squash, preferably the seed-free ‘neck’ end, 皮をむいた
vegetable oil, for frying
2½ tsp garam masala
1 large red onion
1 chilli, deseeded if you want a milder heat
2.5cm piece of fresh ginger, 皮をむいた
2 chicken breasts, diced
240g canned tomatoes
250ml coconut milk
2 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
30g fresh spinach
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a high-sided, nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- その間, use the large side of a box grater to coarsely grate the squash.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the pan, then add the grated squash. Season with salt, then stir in the garam masala.
- As the squash cooks, peel and grate the onion and add it to the pan. Stir well and allow to cook for 1-2 分.
- その間, roughly chop the chilli and add to the pan, then grate in the ginger and allow to cook for 1-2 分.
- Make a well in the middle and drizzle in a little oil. Add the diced chicken, season with salt and toss to combine. のために調理する 1-2 分, then add the peas and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stock, stir well, then bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 4-5 分, until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it has wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and serve with rice and roti.