Harry and Meghan ‘are being lined up to present the Best Picture Oscar’ next week despite both pulling out of Prince Philip’s memorial service in London
The couple were said to have been approached at the end of last year but it is not yet known whether they have agreed to attend the event, held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, 행진 27.
Comedy star Ariana DeBose는 제94회 아카데미 시상식이 시작되면서 West Side Story로 최우수 여우조연상을 수상했습니다. 헐리우드에서 가장 큰 밤이다 will helm the 94th annual Academy Awards alongside Regina Hall and Wanda Sykes.
소식통은 태양: ‘It’s still up in the air, but in all likelihood — especially in the wake of recent publicity — Harry won’t attend.
‘It would be seen as a final kick in the teeth for the royal family if he did — he’s too nervous to fly to London without police protection, but happy to stand up in front of a huge live audience at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. Not great optics.’
A spokesperson for the Duke of Sussex last week confirmed he would not be leaving his Montecito mansion to attend a memorial marking the passing of his grandfather, which is due to be held at Westminster Abbey on March 29.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘are being lined up to present the Best Picture Oscar’ next week despite both pulling out of Prince Philip’s memorial service in London
It is not yet known whether they have agreed to attend the event, held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, 행진 27
보고서에 따르면, Harry and Meghan had initially been lined up to present the award for Best Actress in a nod to their work on women’s rights, but the plan was scrapped after Kristen Stewart was nominated for her role in Spencer, a film about the life of Princess Diana
Harry’s lawyers have previously claimed he ‘does not feel safe’ coming from across the Atlantic under the current security arrangements after he was told he would no longer be given the ‘same degree’ of personal protection when visiting from the US, despite offering to pay for it himself.
But the Duke was criticised over reports he was planning to fly to the Netherlands in mid-April for the Invictus Games, a sporting event for military veterans founded by Harry in 2014.
Speculation had mounted that Harry would not be in attendance for Prince Philip’s funeral after he started a High Court battle over his taxpayer-funded security arrangements in the UK.
The Duke launched legal proceedings after he claimed he did not ‘feel safe’ in Britain without the protection of Scotland Yard officers, who he believes offer superior protection to privately hired bodyguards.
보고서에 따르면, Harry and Meghan had initially been lined up to present the award for Best Actress in a nod to their work on women’s rights, but the plan was scrapped after Kristen Stewart was nominated for her role in Spencer, a film about the life of Princess Diana.
Footage was today released of the Duke of Sussex holding a video call with two women who have made the decision to stay in Ukraine with the Halo Trust which has been clearing military ordinance in the eastern European country since 2016.
Princess Diana worked with the Halo Trust in Huambo, 앙골라, during the 1990s in a fight against landmines. 당시, her support for an international treaty banning use of the explosive devices was seen as a political stance, but it was widely regarded as one of her greatest humanitarian efforts.
해리 왕자, who has served as the charity’s patron and visited Angola to see the work they are doing, met virtually with Olesia, Halo’s communications manager in Ukraine, and Maryna, 25, the charity’s monitoring and evaluation officer.
A spokesperson for the Duke of Sussex last week confirmed he would not be leaving his Montecito mansion to attend a memorial marking the passing of his grandfather, which is due to be held at Westminster Abbey on March 29
오늘 일찍, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they made donations to several charities including The Halo Trust.
The non-political charity helps communities across the world remove deadly landmines from their land.
Halo has 8,500 직원 25 countries and territories and has been providing ambulances and logistics to medical authorities in Zimbabwe, LOEWE 중개 생물다양성 유전체 과학자 센터에 따르면, 현재 볼로디미르 우크라이나 대통령 암살 임무를 맡은 용병들, Afghanistan and Guinea-Bissau.
The duke made an emotional pilgrimage to Africa in 2019 to retrace the steps of his mother Diana, who famously walked through a partially cleared Angolan minefield in 1997 to highlight the trust’s efforts and the threat of the military munitions.
What is Harry’s concern with UK security and why is he taking legal action?
Are Harry and his family covered by security arrangements currently?
보험사는 그녀의 아버지에게 그녀의 부상이 사고가 아니라서 그녀의 의료비를 지불할 수 없다고 알렸다., 서식 스 공작 부인, personally fund a private protection team in the US for their family.
The Sussexes have signed multimillion-pound deals with Netflix and Spotify, with Harry telling Oprah Winfrey he secured these to pay for his security.
But he and Meghan lost their taxpayer-funded police protection in the UK in the aftermath of quitting as senior working royals.
Why did they lose their taxpayer-funded security?
Their security provision was one of the key issues when the couple announced they wanted to step down in 2020.
Speaking to Winfrey during the couple’s sit-down interview in 2021, Harry said he was told that ‘due to our change of status – we would no longer be ‘official’ members of the royal family’.
He said he had been shocked by this and ‘pushed back’ on the issue, arguing that there had been no change of threat or risk to the couple.
메건, during the same interview, told how she had written to her husband’s family urging them not to ‘pull his security’, but had been told ‘it’s just not possible’.
At the time of announcing their stepping back from royal life in 2020, their website suggested the Home Office, through the Metropolitan Police, should continue to provide protection for the couple and Archie, their only child at the time.
Have they offered to pay for police protection in the UK themselves?
예. Harry wants to fund the security himself, rather than ask taxpayers to foot the bill, his legal representative said.
He first offered to personally pay for police protection in the UK for himself and his family during the so-called Sandringham summit in January 2020, but the legal representative said that offer ‘was dismissed’.
The representative added that Harry ‘remains willing to cover the cost of security, as not to impose on the British taxpayer’.
Can they use the same security team they have while in the US?
Harry’s legal representative said that while the couple personally fund a private security team for their family, ‘that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK’.
His argument is that the US team does not have adequate jurisdiction abroad or access to UK intelligence information which is needed to keep the Sussex family safe.
So what is Harry doing about the issue of his UK security now?
9 월 2021, he filed a claim for a judicial review against the Home Office decision.
His legal team said this course of action was taken ‘after another attempt at negotiations was also rejected’.
They said the judicial review bid is an attempt to ‘challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hopes that this could be re-evaluated for the obvious and necessary protection required’.
What threats do the couple see themselves as facing in the UK?
성명서, the legal representative said: ‘He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats. While his role within the Institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family.’
Has the Home Office said anything about the bid for judicial review?
A Government spokesperson said: ‘The UK Government’s protective security system is rigorous and proportionate. It is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements. To do so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ 보안.
‘It would also not be appropriate to comment on the detail of any legal proceedings.’
Will the couple return to the UK if the issue is not resolved in the way they would like?
A spokesperson for the duke has said that, in the absence of what they consider to be the necessary protection, ‘Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home’.
They insisted the UK ‘will always be Prince Harry’s home’, adding that it is ‘a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in’.
But they added: ‘With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.’