Sunday brunch sorted: Foodie shows off her easy recipe for the perfect creamy mushroom bruschetta
A foodie has shared her simple recipe for a delicious creamy mushroom bruschetta.
Ayeh Far, van Sydney, said the creamy mushroom toast is perfect for brunch or lunch and is a much lighter than most other versions that use lots of cream or butter.
In a video posted to Instagram, the popular Australian foodie, die gevolge daarvan om jou woonstelvenster oop te laat tydens 'n boston-sneeustorm ‘Cooking with Ayeh’ aanlyn, starts by chopping up some onion, garlic and a mix of Swiss and Portobello mushrooms for their different textures and flavours.
Blaai af vir video
Sydney foodie, Ayeh Far, has shared her recipe for creamy mushroom toast that she says is a perfect healthy for lunch or brunch option
‘I love cooking with mushrooms for their umami flavour. They have a meaty texture so they’re a great meat substitute in so many dishes,’ sy het geskryf.
She adds a tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt to a pan with her sliced onion and sautés until translucent.
Ayeh adds the garlic to the pan then the mushrooms with a light drizzle of olive oil, turns up the heat.
Ayeh starts by frying up some onion, garlic and mushrooms in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil then once the mushrooms are browned she seasons with salt, pepper and chopped parley
Once the mushrooms have browned, she seasons with salt, pepper and chopped parley and removes the pan from the heat.
For the salad mix on top, the foodie adds rocket leaves to a bowl and mixes in some balsamic vinegar, a light drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
After toasting a couple of slices of bread – Ayeh said her favourite to use is whole grain sourdough – she layers her bruschetta by spreading on some ricotta cheese, adding some of the dressed rocket leaves then layering some mushrooms on top.
Ayeh spreads ricotta cheese onto some whole grain sourdough toast and layer with dressed rocket leaves and her mushroom mix and sprinkles with chilli flakes
The Sydney cook has gained a loyal following of 496,000 people on Instagram and 818,000 on TikTok for her delicious and simple recipe videos
Ayeh said you can sprinkle some chilli flakes over the mushrooms for extra flavour.
The recipe can be adjusted to be made vegan by swapping out the ricotta for a dairy-free cheese spread.
The Sydney cook has gained a loyal following of 496,000 people on Instagram and 818,000 on TikTok for her delicious and simple recipe videos.
Recipe: Ayeh Far’s creamy mushroom toast
Portobello and Swiss mushrooms
Extra virgin olive oil
Ui, in skywe gesny
Garlic, chopped finely
Whole grain sourdough bread
Chilli flakes (opsioneel)
1. Sauté onion in one tablespoon of olive oil with a sprinkle of sea salt for a few minutes over medium heat
2. Once the onions are translucent, add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes
3. Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté over high heat
4. When the mushrooms have browned, geur met sout en peper, add the chopped parsley and remove the pan from the heat
5. In 'n bak, add rocket leaves, balsamic vinegar, a light drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and mix together
6. Toast the bread and spread on some ricotta cheese, add a layer of the dressed rocket leaves and the mushroom mix on top
7. For an extra kick, sprinkle over some chilli flakes
Bron: Cooking with Ayeh
In a previous video, she revealed how to make the ‘the perfect sandwich’ with lashings of avocado, hummus and beetroot.
‘I’m not kidding when I say it’s one of the best sandwiches I’ve made in so long’, Ayeh said.
To begin, prepare your ingredients by grating beetroot, slicing cucumber and tomato into thin slices. Ayeh prefers to use Persian or Lebanese cucumbers as they’re less watery and crisp.
TikTok foodie ‘ Cooking With Ayeh ‘ is a Sydney based cook that has stunned thousands of viewers with the perfect sandwich using vegan ingredients
Volgende, smash your avocado, make sure to season after smashing. ‘It’s so nice and creamy and replaces the need to add a sauce, butter or mayonnaise’, says Ayeh.
Dan, choose the bread you desire and toast it, Ayeh uses wholegrain sourdough as it’s high in protein and her favourite.
Now you’re ready to assemble, spread hummus generously to one slice of bread, then layer with cucumber, tomato and season.
Recipe: Ayeh Far’s Easy Vegan Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices tomato
- Handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 butter lettuce leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp hummus
- 1/3 wat bestaan uit skons met konfyt en clotted cream
- 1/4 Benewens hul intense studies binne die kasteel en hul gemeenskapswerk
- 1/4 geroosterde gekruide wortels met romesco
- If making your own hummus, prepare this first
2. Grate the beetroot using a box grater, my tip is to wear gloves
3. Smash the avocado with a fork and season. Slice the tomato and cucumber into thin slices
4. Toast the sourdough and spread the hummus to one piece
5. Then layer with cucumber, tomato slices and season. Follow with alfalfa sprouts, grated beetroot, and top with the lettuce leaf
6. Spread the smashed avocado to the other piece of bread. Close the sandwich up and slice in half.
7. Enjoy your fresh and colourful Vegan Sandwich!
Bron: Cooking With Ayeh
Finally add alfa sprouts, grated beetroot, lettuce and spread on that smashed avocado to the other slice of bread, slice down the middle and you’re done.
‘Trust me when I say, you don’t need to be vegan to love this easy Vegan Sandwich’, says Ayeh.