‘There are growing concerns’: I’m A Celeb ‘is thrown into chaos as show bosses fear mass exodus after three stars seek medical treatment’ following Richard Madeley’s exit
The series is said to have been thrown into chaos behind-the-scenes after three of the celebrities- Arlene Phillips, Naughty Boy and Frankie Bridge- have had to have urgent medical treatment.
It comes after Richard, 65, arguably the show’s biggest signing, was forced to leave I’m A Celeb after being admitted to hospital and was unable to re-enter the castle after breaking the Covid-safe bubble.
Worries: I’m A Celebrity bosses are reportedly fearing they may lose more of the show’s stars following Richard Madeley’s departure on Thursday (pictured Arlene Phillips and Naughty Boy)
Now The Sun reports Arlene, 78, is on painkillers because she is in ‘chronic pain’, while Naughty Boy, 36, is having a ‘tough time’ mentally due to being away from his mother, who has dementia.
Frankie, 32, is said to have developed a rash and has had to seek medical attention.
A source said: ‘There are growing concerns for Arlene who is really struggling and in chronic pain, she is being helped around by the likes of David Ginola and Naughty Boy and is looking really frail.
In chaos? The series is said to have been thrown into chaos behind-the-scenes after three of the celebrities have had to have urgent medical treatment (pictured Frankie Bridge)
He’s out: It comes after Richard, 65, arguably the show’s biggest signing, was forced to leave I’m A Celeb on Thursday after being admitted to hospital
Medical treatment: Naughty Boy, real name Shahid Khan, is reportedly having counselling over his mother’s health, while Frankie is said to have developed a rash
Family man: Before entering the jungle, he detailed his mother’s health battles, as he said: ‘I think it is important for people like myself to create awareness about it’
‘It’s hard enough roughing it in the ruins of an old castle let alone at 78 years old. She is a trooper and wants to show everyone how tough she is.’
The insider said Naughty Boy, real name Shahid Khan, is having counselling over his mother’s health.
They said: ‘He’s been speaking to the show’s psych team, led by Sandra Scott, on a specially set-up iPad to make sure he is staying upbeat, this is the longest he has been away from his mother since her diagnosis so they are keen to make sure he’s not spiralling quietly.’
Also adding to producers worries is Frankie, who has reportedly been given an ointment to treat a rash- with doctors unsure about what has caused it.
Back on track: It comes after Arlene and Naughty Boy threatened to leave the competition earlier thsis week, with the music producer remarking: ‘My time here is done!’
The source said ITV simply ‘can’t afford to loose any names- especially after Richard left the camp just four days after the show started.
MailOnline has contacted ITV for comment.
Arlene and Naughty Boy have both previously expressed their desire to leave Gwyrch Castle after struggling in breakout camp, The Clink.
The music producer had been particularly vocal about his desire to leave following the Treacherous Traps trial, with the star remarking: ‘My time here is done!’
Eeek: Naughty Boy was ready to leave after losing a gruelling trial to Snoochie Shy
Having second thoughts: Arlene said: ‘I feel exactly the same. For me, I was hoping I was going to come out here strong and proud, but it hasn’t started in the right way’
He told his fellow campmates: ‘I do think my time here is done. I had a feeling earlier and I was thinking about mum and obviously I love you guys.
‘I don’t think after knowing what the Main Camp probably knew what they were putting me through knowing I did the challenge earlier – I don’t know if I could ever join that camp.’
Naughty Boy’s fellow campers were quick to reassure him but he continued his threats quit altogether and was joined by Arlene – even after the news that they were to join the Main Camp.
Meanwhile, Arlene said: ‘I feel exactly the same. For me, I was hoping I was going to come out here strong and proud, but it hasn’t started in the right way.
‘I find it unacceptable. I know that I can’t go on and my mind isn’t going to change in the morning, one night isn’t going to change.’
However the pair changed their minds after entering Main Camp, in scenes which were aired on Wednesday’s show.
‘Gutted’: In a statement Richard, who was believed to be at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, reassured fans he’s ‘fine’ after his health scare
The crisis comes after Richard was forced to leave the show after being rushed to hospital with an unknown medical condition.
In a major blow to the show as one of their top signings, the broadcaster, who was paid an estimated £200,000 to star in this year’s competition, was taken ill hours after participating in a gruelling trial and complaining about the castle’s freezing temperatures.
In a statement Richard, who was believed to be treated at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, confirmed he had to quit the series after breaking the show’s ‘Covid bubble’.
Health scare: Richard, who was paid an estimated £200,000 to star in this year’s competition, was taken ill hours after participating in a gruelling trial
Worry: Richard was believed to be at Glan Clwyd Hospital after falling ill overnight
Richard’s daughter Chloe, 34, revealed her father is ‘livid’ he can’t go back into the I’m A Celebrity camp after his shock hospital dash.
He said in a statement: ‘Hello all! Richard here – firstly just to say that I’m absolutely FINE. I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
‘By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.
‘Obviously I’m gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority. I’m incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle…
‘Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life.
An I’m A Celebrity spokesperson added: ‘Our strict Covid protocols means Richard has sadly had to leave the show as he is no longer in the bubble the celebrities form when entering the castle.
‘He has been a truly brilliant camp mate and we thank him for being part of this series.’
Statement: Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say she had spoken to him and that while he was annoyed he couldn’t return, he was ‘absolutely fine’, before gushing she was ‘so proud’