‘It’s time for Cressida Dick to GO’: Mother of murdered sisters whose bodies were photographed by police officers calls for Met Commissioner to resign as she reveals she only apologised when she was TOLD to
Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick was told ‘time to go’ this morning by the mother of two murdered sisters whose bodies were photographed and shared by her officers.
The under-fire police chief was slated by Mina Smallman who asked ‘This is the woman who is going to tackle what we are up against in the Met?’.
Ms Smallman – whose murdered daughters Bibaa Henry, 46, とニコールスモールマン, 27, were treated disrespectfully by PCs Jaffer and Lewis – had until today resisted calling for her to resign.
But this morning the former Church of England archdeacon said she now thought Dame Cressida should go over the cases involving her daughters and サラ・エバラード‘s kidnap, rape and murder.
She said the apologies she had given over the sub-standard police hunt after her children went missing, combined with the statement about Wayne Couzens outside court had made up her mind.
Ms Smallman said: ‘I don’t think so, time for her to go.
‘Up until she did the statement after the missing persons, the failure, the neglect in that particular procedure, I was so disappointed by what she said.
‘She said ‘We have been advised in the report to apologise to the family’ and I thought to myself if you need to be told by an organisation, because she knew it was true she had all the evidence.
Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick was told ‘time to go’ this morning by Mina Smallman
Bibaa Henry, 46, とニコールスモールマン, 27, who were stabbed to death in Wembley last year
‘To compound that, when she did the statement outside the Old Bailey on behalf of Sarah Everard, I thought it was the worst presentation, she was shaking like a leaf, it was all scripted – this is the woman who is going to tackle what we are up against in the Met?
‘I’ve been asked time and time again whether she should resign,’ she added to GMB.
PC Jamie Lewis, 33, and PC Deniz Jaffer, 47, admitted taking and sharing images of the scene where the sisters were murdered in June last year.
Yesterday a disciplinary panel found them both guilty of gross misconduct.
Ms Smallman added: ‘We were told it had been sent out to members of the public. Is this some kind of cult fetish thing, where people are paying to have pictures of dead girls?
‘There were nine other officers sent that WhatsApp. Jaffer was a mentor of the cadets and he actually sent that to one of his mentees.
PC Deniz Jaffer and PC Jamie Lewis took and shared pictured of the two sisters’ dead bodies
Wayne Couzens kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah Everard after staging a Covid arrest
Met Police chief’s dossier of shame
- 7月に 2005, Dame Cressida Dick was in charge of the operation which saw innocent electrician Jean Charles de Menezes shot dead on a Tube train after he was mistaken for a terrorist who was under surveillance
- に 2014, she sanctioned the creation of Operation Midland, the disastrous investigation into spurious VIP child sex abuse allegations that saw innocent men pursued by the force
- に 2019, Dame Cressida’s force was widely criticised for its ‘light-touch’ エクスティンクションレベリオン抗議の取り締まり, which blocked several key areas of London l
- 今年の3月に, the Met was criticised over its ‘heavy-handed’ policing of a vigil for murdered Sarah Everard at Clapham Common. But its tactics were later cleared by a watchdog.
- 六月に, she was accused of ‘obfuscation’ for thwarting the Daniel Morgan inquiry team’s attempts to access sensitive documents, leading to delays that cost the taxpayer millions. The report found that her force was ‘institutionally corrupt’
- Dame Cressida also faced criticism over July’s security shambles which saw ticketless fans storm Wembley Stadium before the England-Italy Euros final
- In November she was told she could carry the can for officers who took pictures of the dead bodies of murder victims of Bibaa Henry, 46, とニコールスモールマン, 27, by their grieving mother
- Today Ms Smallman directly called for her to resign over the case and her actions after Wayne Couzens’ sentencing.
‘It took me to the depths of darkness of how on earth you could do that?’
The two incidents Ms Smallman pinpointed in her criticism of Dame Cressida happened on September 30 と10月 25.
The first came after a serving Met Police officer Wayne Couzens kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah Everard after effecting a fake arrest in Clapham.
Speaking after his sentencing outside the Old Bailey, デイムクレシダは言った: ‘I am absolutely horrified that this man used his position of trust to deceive and coerce Sarah, and I know you all are too.
‘His actions were a grave betrayal of everything policing stands for.
‘He showed himself to be the coward he is. As the judge said, he has eroded confidence that the public is entitled to have in the police.
‘This man has brought shame on the Met. Speaking frankly, as an organisation, we have been rocked.’
Last month she made a statement after a damning IOPC report said the police’s response to reports Ms Smallman’s daughters were missing had been substandard.
Commissioner Cressida Dick said at the time: ‘My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Nicole and Bibaa for their tragic losses.
‘The way we responded to information that Nicole and Bibaa were missing that weekend was below the standard we should have achieved and compounded the distress felt by their loved ones.
‘While we know that very sadly Nicola and Bibaa had been murdered in the early hours of Saturday, 6 六月 2020, before they were reported missing.
‘If we had responded better we may have saved their friends and family immeasurable pain.
‘I am very sorry that the level of service we provided fell short.
‘We have contacted the family to ask if they will allow me or, if they prefer, another senior officer to visit them at a time that is right to apologise in person.’