Paedophile coach Barry Bennell accuses victims of 'Oscar' performances

Former Man City coach and convicted paedophile Barry Bennell accuses some of his victims of ‘Oscarperformances and says they are ‘trying to get money out of the Premier League club

  • Eight men are suing Man City after being abused by ex-coach Barry Bennell
  • Man City have called sex offender Barry Bennell to give evidence on their behalf
  • The top-flight club insist that Bennell did not work for them at the time of abuse
  • Bennell appeared on video link from HMP Littlehey, Cambridgeshire on Tuesday
  • The paedophile former coach Barry Bennell accused some of his victims of ‘Oscar’ performances here on Tuesday and said some of them were trying to get money out of Manchester City.

    Bennell, serving a 34-year sentence for sexual abuse, gave evidence from prison for a case in which eight men are suing City for psychiatric injuries and loss of potential earnings — because they claim Bennell was working for the club when they were abused by him between 1979 과 1985.

    City insist that Bennell did not work for them during that period.

    Bennell, wearing a red sweatshirt and a facemask, and appearing on video link from HMP Littlehey, Cambridgeshire, repeatedly denied that he had any connection with the club at the time in question.

    The paedophile former coach Barry Bennell accused some of his victims of ‘Oscar’ performances on Tuesday and claimed some of them were trying to get money out of Man City

    The paedophile former coach Barry Bennell accused some of his victims of ‘Oscar’ performances on Tuesday and claimed some of them were trying to get money out of Man City

    The former coach appeared on video link from HMP Littlehey, Cambridgeshire and repeatedly denied that he had any connection with the club at the time in question

    The former coach appeared on video link from HMP Littlehey, Cambridgeshire and repeatedly denied that he had any connection with the club at the time in question

    ‘All I want is the truth,’그는 말했다, before adding that he had been approached in prison by one victim who ‘asked me if I would lie so he could claim compensation from the football club’.

    ‘I’m in prison and they’re still going on about money. They’re not concerned about the punishment of me,’그는 말했다.

    When asked if some of his accusers had ‘jumped on a bandwagon’, 그는 말했다: ‘Without a doubt. Give me a polygraph and I’ll prove it. All I’ve done is help and help and help. I’ve done nothing else.’

    Representing the claimants, James Counsell QC asked if Bennell had enjoyed watching his victims have to relive the abuse he subjected them to during the court cases.

    Eight men, all in the 40s and 50s, say Bennell abused them and are suing the top-flight club

    Eight men, all in the 40s and 50s, say Bennell abused them and are suing the top-flight club

    ‘I thought it was good acting,’ said Bennell. ‘All the crying. An Oscar performance.’

    The decision to bring Bennell as a witness on behalf of City has been criticised — but the club say they had no control over who came before the court, pointing out that the matter is being handled by lawyers on behalf of an insurance company.

    They say the club is named as a formality only.

    With some of the claimants watching proceedings via videolink, Bennell added: ‘I was good at creating the impression with junior players, their parents, other coaches that I was an MCFC coach and that playing for one of my junior teams meant that they were in some way connected with MCFC, which was what the players and their parents wanted to believe.

    '하나, the reality is that I was never an MCFC coach and after 1978, 1979 my junior teams had no connection at all with MCFC.’

    The case continues.

    댓글이 닫혀 있습니다..