Prince Albert reveals his twins will be joining him for COP26 summit

Prince Albert of Monaco reveals he’s taking six-year-old twins to Glasgow for COP26 because he ‘doesn’t want them to be alone’ – as their mother Princess Charlene remains in South Africa

  • The 63-year-old told People that he ‘didn’t want to leave them alone’ in Monaco
  • As such Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques will be joining him next week
  • Albert said his twins, who turn 7 op Desember 10, will ‘have their own agenda
  • Prince Albert of Monaco has revealed his six-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques will be joining him at next week’s Cop26 klimaatverandering summit in Glasgow.

    The 63-year-old told Mense that he ‘didn’t want to leave them alonein the principalityas Princess Charlene, 43, remains in South Africa after spending much of this year in her home country after contracting a ‘serious sinus infection’ in Mei.

    Longtime environmental advocate Albert said his twins, who turn 7 op Desember 10, will ‘have their own agenda… visits to museums and little places of interest’.

    The news comes after the Monégasque prince claimed former Olympian Charlene will return home ‘very shortlyand anticipates doctors in Suid-Afrika will clear his wife for travel within days.

    Prince Albert of Monaco has revealed his six-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques (pictured in Ireland in September) will be joining him at next week's Cop26 climate change summit in Glasgow

    Prince Albert of Monaco has revealed his six-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques (pictured in Ireland in September) will be joining him at next week’s Cop26 climate change summit in Glasgow

    Die tweeling, who are on holiday from school and made their first official state visit to Ireland last month, will attend the landmark conferencewhich will be attended by many world leaders and aims to agree crucial global action on climate changein Scotland with their father.

    ‘Obviously at that age, 6 of 7, you can’t take them everywhere because they’ll get bored if it’s too official,’ said Albert.

    ‘You have to bring them in slowly into public appearances and different ceremonies. If it’s a trip, that has an official side to it, but also [they’ll need] a private side and things to discover they can find it fun and amusing.

    ‘It’s fabulous to have these kinds of memories with them,’ added the prince, who also said he discusses environmental issues in general with his twins.

    The 63-year-old told People that he 'didn’t want to leave them alone' in the principality - as Princess Charlene (op die foto), 43, remains in South Africa after spending much of this year in her home country after contracting a 'serious sinus infection' in May

    The 63-year-old told People that he ‘didn’t want to leave them alonein the principalityas Princess Charlene (op die foto), 43, remains in South Africa after spending much of this year in her home country after contracting a ‘serious sinus infection’ in Mei

    Vroeër hierdie week, Prince Albert said Charlene will be back in Monaco ‘very shortlyand anticipates doctors in Suid-Afrika will clear his wife for travel within days.

    Hy het vertel Mense that current plans involve Charlene returning to the principality within weeks after spending much of this year in her native South Africa following a ‘serious sinus infectionwhich made her unable to travel and forced her to miss key events including her 10-year wedding anniversary and her children’s first day of school.

    Albert insisted that his wife will return home ‘way before [Monaco’s National Day] on November 19’, adding ‘she’s in good form and much better spirits’.

    He even hopes Charlene, 43, will be able to join him earlier on a planned November 13 visit to Dubai’s World Expo, an international cultural exhibition, maar erken: ‘We’ll make that decision at the last minute.

    Vroeër hierdie week, Prince Albert said Charlene (saam afgebeeld) will be back in Monaco 'very shortly' and anticipates doctors in South Africa will clear his wife for travel within days

    Vroeër hierdie week, Prince Albert said Charlene (saam afgebeeld) will be back in Monaco ‘very shortlyand anticipates doctors in South Africa will clear his wife for travel within days

    Op Oktober 8, Zimbabwean-born Charlene underwent a final operation to deal with an ear, nose and throat infection she contracted in Maywith a palace source telling AFP that the procedure ‘went very well’.

    But the royal’s absence from the principality has sparked rumours of a rift between Charlene and Albertwhich the pair have recently denied.

    Albert told the publication that all the family miss her and ‘obviously she misses the children’.

    The royal noted that a sign-off from her medical team is all that is needed to allow her to return to the palace she shares with her children and husband.

    Op Dinsdag, Charlene shared an update of her own, taking to her social media account to reveal her heartbreak following her beloved pet dog’s death after being run over.

    Princess Charlene today shared her heartbreak online following her beloved pet dog's death after being run over (saam afgebeeld)

    Princess Charlene today shared her heartbreak online following her beloved pet dog’s death after being run over (saam afgebeeld)

    Die voormalige Olimpiese speler, 43, who has been living in her home country of South Africa for much of this year, took to Instagram to share a photo snuggling up with her pooch Angel

    Die voormalige Olimpiese speler, 43, who has been living in her home country of South Africa for much of this year, took to Instagram to share a photo snuggling up with her pooch Angel

    She took to Instagram today to share a photo snuggling up with her pooch Angel, which was taken last Kersfees in Monaco.

    The mother-of-two posted: ‘My little Angel died last night, she was run over. I will miss you so much, Rest In Peace.

    It comes after she sparked concern among fans following her latest appearance online, with some saying she appeared ‘frail’.

    It is unknown if Princess Charlene’s pooch had been staying with her in South Africa or whether the pet had remained with Prince Albert in Monaco.

    It comes weeks after the mother-of-two sparked concern among fans following her latest appearance online (op die foto)

    It comes weeks after the mother-of-two sparked concern among fans following her latest appearance online (op die foto)

    On her most recent public appearance online, the royal wore a smattering of makeup and styled her fringe to the side.

    And yet her appearance in the social media post concerned fans, met een skrif: ‘Get well soon, you look so frail, take care, hope you get back to Monaco to your lovely family.

    Last week Princess Charlene said she ‘can’t wait to get home to her childrenbut made no reference to her husband Albert in an interview given in Suid-Afrika.

    Charlene, who wed Prince Albert II in 2011, has been living in her home country of South Africa for much of this year, and the extended stay has stoked speculation that the royal couple may be headed for divorce.

    Earlier this month Prince Albert insisted that his wife (op die foto saam met hul kinders) is likely to return to Monaco by the end of the month

    Earlier this month Prince Albert insisted that his wife (op die foto saam met hul kinders) is likely to return to Monaco by the end of the month

    However they have denied rumours of a rift and said Charlene’s absence from the principality is due to her contracting the ‘serious sinus infection’.

    In an interview which took place earlier this month and was shared on Charlene’s Instagram bladsy, the royal said she ‘misses her children, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, terribly’, toevoeging: ‘Any mother out there who has been separated from her children for months would feel the same way I feel.

    In die clip, sy het gese: ‘I came to South Africa to oversee some foundation projects. I was unwell at the time, onwetend, with an infection. It was addressed immediately. Ongelukkig, it grounded me for some months in South Africa.

    ‘I had my one procedureit was very successful. I’m well, I’m feeling much stronger. I have one more procedure. Then I cannot wait to get home to my children, who I miss terribly.

    It comes amid reports that Prince Albert (op die foto) 'applied for sovereign immunity' in his court battle to fight claims he fathered a third love child before marrying Charlene

    It comes amid reports that Prince Albert (op die foto) ‘applied for sovereign immunityin his court battle to fight claims he fathered a third love child before marrying Charlene

    Elsewhere in the interview she touched on community in South Africa, saying she would like to impart ‘unity and strength.

    Sy het gese: ‘Obviously I would never like to touch on anything politically. But what can be done, is people need to set their differences aside and think of the generations to come and less of themselves.

    ‘Too much emphasis is put on ourselves and less on the future generations to come. What do they have to look back on? Who is their guide? That needs to be installed.

    Speaking about the anti-poaching work she has been undertaking while in South Africa this year, sy het gese: ‘I am determined to come back and continue the work I set out to do as I have done in many countries over Africa and in South Africa.

    Zimbabwean-born Charlene, 43, who wed Prince Albert II in 2011, has been living in her home country of South Africa for much of this year, and the extended stay has stoked speculation that the royal couple (op die foto) may be headed for divorce

    Zimbabwean-born Charlene, 43, who wed Prince Albert II in 2011, has been living in her home country of South Africa for much of this year, and the extended stay has stoked speculation that the royal couple (op die foto) may be headed for divorce

    ‘Conservation, preservation, restoration and education. That is what my foundation stands for. We save lives.

    How Charlene and Albert made solo outings in South Africa and Monaco during nine months apart

    Januarie 27 – Charlene is saam met Albert op die foto vir die Sainte Devote Ceremony in Monaco.

    Maart 18Charlene is pictured at the memorial for the late Zulu monarch, Koning Goodwill Zwelithini in die KwaKhethomthandayo Royal Palace in Nongoma, Suid-Afrika

    April 2 – Charlene plaas 'n Instagram -foto van haarself, Albert en hul tweeling Jacques en Gabriella vir Paasfees.

    Dit is onbekend waar die beeld geneem is.

    Mei 8 – Albert, Jacques and Gabriella attend a Grand Prix event in Monaco without Charlene

    Mei 10 – Albert attends Monaco Gala Awards in Monaco without Charlene

    Mei 18 – Charlene shares her first picture from her conservation trip in South Africa

    Junie 1 – Prince Albert II, Jacques and Gabriella attend event at Oceanic Museum in Monaco

    Junie 3 – New photos emerge of Charlene on her conservation trip

    Junie 5- Charlene puts on a united front as she shares a photo with her family to mark her niece’s fifth birthday with her brother’s family and Albert and the twins in South Africa

    Junie 7Albert and the twins attend the World Rugby Sevens without Charlene

    Junie 17Prince Albert attends Red Cross Summer concert in Monte Carlo with his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover

    Junie 18Prince Albert appears alone Monte Carlo TV Festival

    Junie 24 – Die stigting van Charlene stel 'n verklaring bekend waarin gesê word dat die koninklike nie kan reis nie en dat hy prosedures vir 'n oor ondergaan, neus en keel infeksie

    Julie 2 – Charlene en Albert vier afsonderlik hul 10de bestaansjaar. 'Hierdie jaar is die eerste keer dat ek nie saam met my man op ons herdenking in Julie is nie, wat moeilik is, en dit maak my hartseer,’ Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene said in a statement.

    Julie 3Albert appears with glamorous niece Charlotte Casiraghi at the 15th international Monte-Carlo Jumping event, which is part of the Longines Global Champions Tour of Monaco,

    Julie 27Prince Albert attends Olympics alone in Tokyo

    Augustus 13Charlene undergoes a four-hour operation. The reason is not announced

    Augustus 25Charlene shares photos of Prince Albert, Gabriella and Jacques visiting her in South Africa

    Augustus 31Speculation mounts in the media about couple’s relationship

    September 1 – Charlene is admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital after suddenly ‘collapsing

    September 2She is discharged, with a statement from the Palais Princier reading: ‘Her Highness is closely monitored by Her medical team who said that Her condition was not worrying

    September 23 – Prince Albert attends the 2021 Monte Carlo Gala for Planetary Health

    September 29Prince Albert is joined on the red carpet by actress Sharon Stone for a first look at the eagerly anticipated James Bond release

    September 30Charlene releases a stylish video promoting her anti-poaching campaign from her South African bolthole

    Oktober 3Princess Charlene shares a photograph of herself smiling in front of a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare

    Oktober 5Prince Albert attends Sportel Awards Ceremony in Monte Carlo with nephew Louis Ducruet

    Oktober 6Albert tells RMC radio Charlene is ‘ready to come home

    Oktober 8 – Princess undergoes surgery in South Africa

    Advertensie

    The release of the interview came days after a palace source said her final operation to deal with an ear, nose and throat infection she contracted in May ‘went very well’.

    The operation in Suid-Afrika was performed under general anaesthetic, and ‘is the last she had to undergo following her ENT infection. She will be under observation for 48 ure,’ the source told French news agency AFP.

    It comes amid reports that Albert ‘applied for sovereign immunityin his court battle to fight claims he fathered a third love child before marrying Charlene.

    Die 63-jarige prins, wat reeds twee buite -egtelike kinders onderhou, word beweer dat sy 'n verhouding met 'n Brasiliaanse vrou gehad het, wat gelei het tot 'n dogter 2005.

    Die stelling, wat sy prokureurs as 'bedrog' afgemaak het, is veral pynlik omdat hy destyds met Charlene uitgegaan het, nadat hy die voormalige Olimpiese swemmer ontmoet het 2000.

    It was reported last year that the case would go to court in Milan in February, however according to Town&Land, die prince’s lawyers pleaded sovereign immunity and the case has been delayed.

    Lawyer Erich Grimaldi, who is acting on behalf of the woman, said he hopes the judge will reject Albert’s plea and he is waiting for the case to come back to court, which he believes will happen ‘imminently’.

    Die 34-jarige eiser-wat om regsredes nie genoem kan word nie-sê sy het 'n passievolle verhouding met Albert gehad, wat gelei het tot die geboorte van hul dogter - wie se naam ook geklassifiseer is - in Julie 4, 2005.

    Albert het 'n handgeskrewe brief van die kind ontvang, wie is nou 16, in September verlede jaar lees: 'Ek verstaan ​​nie hoekom ek sonder 'n pa grootgeword het nie, en nou dat ek jou gevind het, you don’t want to see me.

    Verlede Desember, legal papers were also filed, terwyl advokate van die eiser Albert versoek het om 'n DNS -toets te ondergaan - net soos hy gedoen het voordat hy uiteindelik geïdentifiseer is as die vader van twee buite -egtelike kinders wat in die 1990's en vroeë 2000's gebore is.

    ‘This was before Charlene and Albert were an item, but the latest case covers a time when she was already in love with him,’ a source who works closely with the Monaco Royal household revealed at the time.

    ‘Charlene has had a terrible year, with one family crisis after another including Albert going down with coronavirus, and now she’s gearing herself up for this hell.

    Die prinses, whose maiden name was Charlene Wittstock, was an Olympic swimmer for South Africa when she first met Albert at a Monaco aquatic competition in 2000.

    They began dating soon afterwards, before Charlene married into the House of Grimaldi at a star-studded wedding in July 2011.

    Their twins – daughter Gabriella and son Jacques – were born three years later and are seen as the family’s official heirs.

    By this time, Charlene had come to terms with Albert’s hard fought legal battles with women who eventually won financial settlements over children they had with Albert – even though he originally denied their claims.

    In Mei 2005, just before he was enthroned as Prince of Monaco, Albert confirmed he was the biological father of Alexandre, whose mother was Nicole Coste, a former Air France flight attendant from Togo.

    A DNA test in May 2006 also confirmed Albert was the father of Jazmine Grace, the result of an affair with Tamara Rotolo, an American estate agent he met while she was on holiday in the South of France.

    Jazmine was born in the 1990s and Alexandre in 2003. The Brazilian woman says she travelled around the world with the Prince in the 2000s.

    Lawyer Grimaldi said he had filed papers with specific details of his client’s love affair with Albert, including trips to Brazil, the USA, France and Russia.

    While in Moscow, the lovers are even said to have had a meeting with Russian president Vladimir Putin, who gave the Brazilian ‘a warm hug’, volgens hofstukke.

    Albert’s lawyer, Thierry Lacoste, has described the allegations as a ‘a hoax’, sê: ‘There are no intimate photos, no tangible facts surrounding a possible relationship.

    Neither Albert’s daughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, nou 28, nor his son, Alexandre Grimaldi-Coste, 17, can claim the throne of Monaco, according to negotiated financial agreements.

    The line of succession instead favours Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, ses, and who frequently appear in their parentssocial media posts.

    Kommentaar gesluit.