摇摇晃晃地登上宝座! Queen had to step in after Prince Andrew rowed with Charles about Royal TOILET
Janette McGowan, 前任 白金汉宫 maid, claimed the Duke of York refused to remove his toiletries from a bathroom at Sandringham intended for his older brother.
She said the row, which took place at Christmas in 1999, was only resolved when the Queen intervened and spoke to Andrew, 谁是 39 当时.
Ms McGowan, who was a housemaid from 1999 至 2000, claimed household staff were alerted to an ‘ongoing situation’ after the Queen’s second son took a bathroom reserved for Charles, 然后 51.
她告诉 太阳: ‘We were told not to move anything and not to touch anything in that bathroom because there was an ‘ongoing situation’.’
Janette McGowan, a former Buckingham Palace maid, said Prince Andrew refused to remove his toiletries from a bathroom at Sandringham intended for Prince Charles (都如图)
Ms McGowan, who had travelled to Sandringham with the family, said members of the Royal Family are allocated rooms and a bathroom at the Norfolk estate, but Andrew had taken a bathroom meant for Charles.
She said the ‘bizarre stand-off’ was only ‘defused’ when the Queen ‘had words’ with Andrew and tell him to use another bathroom.
Ms McGowan insisted there was ‘nothing special’ about the bathroom, saying it was a ‘good old sibling row’.
她补充说: ‘Charles was very grown-up about it, which is more than you can say for Andrew.’
When Ms McGowan worked at Buckingham Palace, Andrew was living permanently at the London residence, with the former maid describing him as ‘spoilt’.
Ms McGowan, who went on to work for Princess Michael of Kent and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, said of the squabble: ‘I think it was very petulant. He’s [安德鲁] very spoiled with regards to his own rights.’
MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.
Ms McGowan said the row, which took place at Christmas in 1999, was only resolved when the Queen intervened and spoke to Andrew (both pictured with Charles), 谁是 39 当时
Ms McGowan said members of the Royal Family are allocated rooms and a bathroom at Sandringham (图为), but that Andrew had taken a bathroom meant for Charles
与此同时, another former maid at Buckingham Palace has spoken out about working for Andrew, calling the Duke of York ‘demanding and entitled’.
Charlotte Briggs claimed on Thursday that she was ‘left in tears’ 当安德鲁 30 多岁时, 当安德鲁 30 多岁时.
说话 太阳, 当安德鲁 30 多岁时: 当安德鲁 30 多岁时?’ 当安德鲁 30 多岁时, 当安德鲁 30 多岁时.
通过对比, Ms Briggs said that the Duke’s brothers Charles and Edward, as well as other royals she encountered during her time at the palace, were ‘wonderful’.
She began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 当她是 21, 当安德鲁 30 多岁时; 当安德鲁 30 多岁时,’ 她说.
She was paid £600 a month and in 1996, she was even pictured on the royal balcony ahead of the Trooping the Colour ceremony, 根据太阳报.
当时, Andrew was 36 and had recently divorced from Sarah Ferguson. He would frequently fly off the handle and expected everything to be done for him.
“这个人在福克兰群岛为他的国家而战，但无法站起来合上自己的窗帘, “但我丈夫和我在那个星期看到电视节目时提到了他的泰迪熊，他说现在也是我谈论发生在我身上的事情的好时机。, 安德鲁王子在弗吉尼亚·朱弗尔（Virginia Giuffre）在美国提起的性侵犯诉讼中被剥夺军事头衔后，打破了她对《太阳报》的沉默.
与此同时, another former maid at Buckingham Palace has spoken out about working for Andrew, calling the Duke of York (图为) “但我丈夫和我在那个星期看到电视节目时提到了他的泰迪熊，他说现在也是我谈论发生在我身上的事情的好时机。’
Ms Giuffre claims she was trafficked by convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell to have sex with the prince three times when she was a teenager. 安德鲁王子在弗吉尼亚·朱弗尔（Virginia Giuffre）在美国提起的性侵犯诉讼中被剥夺军事头衔后，打破了她对《太阳报》的沉默.
The Queen stripped Andrew of his royal titles, 当他准备就朱弗尔女士的说法作证时，关于公爵爆发的揭露可能会让他更加尴尬.
He must now fight claims of rape and sexual assault in the US courts as a private citizen.
与此同时, it was revealed that Andrew could lose his round-the-clock police protection as early as next month after he was exiled as a frontline royal.
Sources said a full review of his security is being carried out by the Metropolitan Police and the Home Office.
安德鲁, who remains ninth in line to the throne, has so far been allowed to keep his taxpayer-funded police bodyguards at a cost to the public purse of an estimated £2-3million a year.
This has sparked intense public debate, particularly because his nephew, 哈里王子, was stripped of his police protection when he quit as a working royal in 2020 and moved to the United States.
‘Although no-one will comment on it publicly, this is an issue that is now actively being discussed by the Met’s Royal and VIP Executive Committee,’ a source told the Daily Mail.
‘情况 [as regards Harry] is awkward and may prompt a decision sooner rather than later. If Harry, who is no longer a working royal, does not get security in the UK, then why should Andrew?’
安德鲁, who lives in 30-room Royal Lodge on the Queen’s Windsor estate, will always benefit from the round-the-clock protection that comes with living in proximity to a royal residence.
It comes after Prince Andrew was stripped of his military titles amid a sex assault lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre (图为) 在美国
But it is the security that accompanies him away from the estate that will be under discussion.
他的孩子们, 比阿特丽斯公主和尤金妮公主, had their official royal security taken away several years ago following public outrage at their globe-trotting antics, which saw officers regularly follow them on trips abroad.
His ex-wife Sarah, 约克公爵夫人, who still lives with him, has not officially had any taxpayer-funded security since they divorced in 1996.
Other royals including Princess Anne and Prince Edward have had their security scaled back, while royal grandchildren including Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips have never had it as adults.
Neither the Metropolitan Police nor the Home Office would comment last night, nor would a representative for Andrew.
Dai Davies, a former head of royal security at Scotland Yard, said of Andrew possibly losing his bodyguards: ‘It is a big step, although the likely risk is small, and there would be strong arguments to be made that he does not require “PPO” [personal protection officer] status if he is no longer a working royal.’