Fitness centre receptionist, 20, collapsed and died after taking two ecstasy tablets with her friend at a music festival as they vowed to ‘get off their heads’, 审讯听到
A fitness centre receptionist who took two ecstasy pills at a music festival collapsed with organ failure and died in hospital, 听到询问.
Kelsey Corps, 20, was seen taking two tablets along with vodka while partying at the Wonderwood Festival near Preston, 兰开夏郡, 在七月 24 去年.
A friend tried to get water to revive Miss Corps, of Lancaster, but he couldn’t find any and her condition deteriorated.
She was admitted to a hospital in a coma where she tested positive for Covid and suffered a fatal cardiac arrest. Miss Corps died the following morning.
The hearing at Preston Coroner’s Court heard a statement from her friend, Bradley Graham, who said the pair talked about ‘getting off their heads’ 在节日里.
他说: ‘Kelsey was fun loving and enjoyed having a laugh and did use recreational drugs when at a party.
‘I wanted to enter her world and go to Wonderwood Festival. She asked me to go and I agreed.
‘We talked about getting off our heads and agreed to purchase some tablets.
Kelsey Corps, 20, a fitness centre receptionist, died from ecstasy poisoning after taking two tablets at a festival on July 24 去年
‘On the Saturday morning, myself and Kelsey got a taxi to the event and started drinking alcohol.
‘I cannot remember when we took the tablets, but it wasn’t until others were doing them. I do not know how many she took – I just remember thinking she had two and I had three.
‘She started asking for water and I tried to get her some but I could not get any. I tried to get her to the security staff so they could get her to an ambulance. I eventually did and they put her in a wheelchair. I was waiting for her to stand up but she did not and after this, I rang her family.’
Miss Corps’ sister Jasmine described her as someone who was ‘sociable, funny and enjoyed life’.
‘She had taken ecstasy before but she knew her limit. I do not think she used other drugs,’ 她说.
Miss Corps’ friend Bradley Graham tried to get water to revive her but he couldn’t find any and her condition deteriorated
Miss Corps had been partying at the Wonderwood Festival near Preston on July 24 last year at the time she took the drugs
Dr Simon Vaughan, who worked in the intensive care unit at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, said that Miss Corps arrived at the emergency department at 8.52pm in a coma.
‘Kelsey had taken the ecstasy tablets at around 7.30pm and collapsed ten minutes later,’ said Dr Vaughan. ‘Her temperature was 42C and she had a fast heart rate and low blood pressure. She tested positive for Covid and was transferred to a Covid critical unit.
‘The original expectation was that she would survive with supportive management… But Kelsey started to deteriorate very seriously and by 1.25am her condition was so severe, her red blood cells were deteriorating.
‘This is a recognised but unexpected reaction after the ingestion of ecstasy. She continued to deteriorate further and unfortunately she had become unstable.’
At 5am, Miss Corps went into cardiac arrest due to her low blood oxygen levels and resuscitation was attempted for 40 分钟. She died at 6.16am.
Although Miss Corps was initially expected by doctors to survive, she started to deteriorate seriously and by 1.25am her condition was so severe, her red blood cells were diminishing
Det Con Rachel Crossley of Lancashire Police, said officers visited the address where the drugs were purchased from but there was no further action due to ‘insufficient evidence’.
Det Con Crossley added: ‘Further tablets were found at the festival. The festival organiser said anyone who entered the festival was searched physically, and there were drug sniffer dogs.
‘An amnesty box was also provided. In the amnesty box there was one bag of unidentified powder, one bag of unidentified pills and another unidentified bag. The unidentified bag of pills contained ecstasy and caffeine. They were all surrendered voluntarily.
‘From the evidence from Jasmine and Brad, Kelsey had previously taken ecstasy. There is no information to suggest she had been coerced.
‘Brad said he had struggled to get any water for Kelsey and that is something which will be raised with the event organiser moving forward. If someone asks for water, you give it to them.’
A post-mortem examination showed high levels of MDMA in Kelsey’s system. Her cause of death was multi organ failure and Ecstasy poisoning
Recording a conclusion of drug related death, coroner Sarah Sutherland told Kelsey’s family: ‘I have heard Kelsey was fun loving and she enjoyed going to social events. She had previously taken ecstasy and there was an intention to take ecstasy at this festival.
‘We have heard from Brad how she took an unknown quantity of pills maybe two or three and there may have been others but he could not assist. After ingesting tablets, she collapsed. He did his best to help her despite being intoxicated himself.
‘I accept Kelsey died after ingesting recreational drugs. I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through, I am sorry for your loss.’