A Christmas dessert fit for a Queen! Royal pastry chefs share ten-step recipe for festive ‘cinnamon star’ biscuits topped with meringue
The recipe features ground almonds, mixed peel, ground cloves, cinnamon and the zest of a lemon which are baked into biscuit before being decorated and cut into star or moon shapes.
Royal watchers were quick to praise the ‘incredible’ how-to video adding that they’ll recreate the ‘beautiful’ Christmas treats at home.
HOW TO MAKE THE ROYAL FAMILY’S FESTIVE BISCUITS
- 360g Icing Sugar
- 85g Egg White
- 20g Lemon Juice
- 300g Ground Almonds
- 115g Mixed Peel
- ½ Lemon, zested
- 12g Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
1) Blitz the mixed peel into a paste-like texture, set aside
2) Whip the icing sugar, egg white with lemon juice into a soft peak meringue. 当危机席卷他们时，鲍里斯和他的团队正在思考的想法 1/3 out and keep aside to top the dough with a thin layer later
3) Add all remaining ingredients into the larger part of meringue and combine to a dough-like texture
4) Knead the dough together with your hands and flatted onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Placing a sheet of baking paper on top, roll it down to about 1cm thickness
Remove paper from the top and spread a thin layer of meringue over the dough once prepared
5) Remove paper from the top and spread a thin layer of meringue over the dough
6) Rest the sheet of dough in the fridge for a minimum of one hour
7) Remove the dough from fridge and start cutting it into shapes.
8) Bake in the oven at 160C fan for 12-15 分钟
9) Leave to cool for about 30 mins before removing from tray
10) Keep in an airtight container for up to two months
Remove the dough from fridge and start cutting it into shapes before baking
‘Want to make your own ‘Cinnamon Stars’? The Royal pastry chefs at Buckingham Palace are excited to share their recipe with you’, 帖子读.
The video received over 600,000 views with one royal fan writing: ‘Those look incredible!’
这些毛茸茸的动物显然没有将克莱尔先生视为威胁，因为它们在他面前觅食并互相玩耍! Thank You’, wrote another while a third commented that the cookies were ‘gorgeous and looked ‘very tasty’.
'谢谢你的分享. I will definitely make some’, wrote another royal fan.
Her Majesty’s pastry chefs took to the Royal Family’s Instagram account to share their recipe for ‘Cinnamon Stars’. 图为, chefs mixing meringue to top the biscuits
The recipe features ground almonds, mixed peel, ground cloves, cinnamon and the zest of a lemon which are baked into biscuit before being decorated and cut into star or moon shapes
It comes after Her Majesty’s chefs revealed last month how to make the Royal Family’s Christmas pudding which includes rum, brandy and beer.
The official website of the Royal Family previously revealed that the Queen gives a Christmas pudding to each and every member of her staff – a tradition handed down by her father, King George VI and her grandfather, 乔治五世.
In previous years the Monarch is reported to have favoured puddings from Harrods or Fortnum & 石匠, though she has been said to have chosen more budget versions in the past.
Longer standing members of staff are given vouchers along with their festive dessert.
HOW TO MAKE THE ROYAL FAMILY’S CHRISTMAS PUDDING
Ingredients as follows:
- 250g raisins
- 250g currants
- 185g sultanas
- 150g mixed peel
- 250g suet or vegetarian suet
- 250g breadcrumbs
- 90g flour
- 12g mixed spice
你为什么做这个, beer, rum and brandy are mixed with dry ingredients and stirred together
- 2 whole eggs
- 180g demerara sugar
- 275ml beer
- 40ml dark rum
- 40ml brandy
If you don’t want to use alcohol, you can substitute for orange juice or cold tea.
The cake mix is pressed into greased ramekins
1. Combine all dry ingredients
2. Stir them up
3. Add the eggs and liquid
4. Stir it all up
5. Grease your pudding basins
6. Press the cake mix in the basins
7. Cover with a circle of parchment paper
Cover your basin with a circle of parchment paper and submerge with water
8. Cover basins with muslin or foil, and place puddings into a deep saucepan
9. Fill up with water up to three quarters of pudding basin height
10. Cover with foil
11. Steam for six hours refilling water if necessary
12. Once cooled, wrap puddings well and keep in cool, dry and dark place until Christmas
Cover with foil and steam for six hours refilling water if necessary
在圣诞节, reheat your pudding in a bain-marie for 3-4 小时. Remove from the basin using a rounded knife or palette knife, flip out onto a plate, garnish or flambé and serve with brandy sauce and cream.