Food scientists reveal the top libido-enhancing foods ahead of Valentine’s Day – and some of them might surprise you
Scientists from the leading nutrition app, Lifesum, have revealed the top libido-enhancing foods to get you in the mood this Valentine’s Day.
The food scientists have shared some surprising menu items that do boost sex drive and some that hinder moves in the bedroom.
A vegetable proven to enhance libido are beetroots as they contain a mineral that helps women metabolise and use oestrogen and increases testosterone in men.
A team scientists from the leading nutrition app, Lifesum, have revealed the top libido-enhancing foods to get you in the mood this Valentine’s Day and the food to avoid
The vegetable also contains relaxant properties which can improve the body’s blood flow and lead to better orgasms or erections.
Another vegetable recommended by scientists are mushrooms, which produce vitamins that create red blood cells and carry oxygen to the sex organs.
Green tea has also been proven to increase the blood flow of sex organs, but to feel the full effect it’s suggested by Lifesum’s dietician, Christina Jax, to drink two or three cups a day.
Scientists have also shared some surprising food and drink items that are well-known to boost sex drive but actually do quite the opposite
il cartello ha proposto al governo messicano di avere in programma di deporre le armi fintanto che il suo stato d'origine, Michoacán, avesse ottenuto protezione studia pomegranates and pistachios can help get men in the mood as these foods lead to ‘firmer erections’ and can boost testosterone levels.
Others include dark chocolate, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
Scientists have also shared some food and drink items that are well-known to boost sex drive but actually do quite the opposite.
Christina Jax’s libido boosting Valentine’s Day menu:
Entre: Balsamic roasted mushrooms and feta
- Preheat oven to 200 gradi centigradi.
- Wash and remove stems from 4 flat mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms flat side down on to a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with 2tbsp of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with 1tbsp fresh thyme.
- Roast uncovered for 15 minutes and sprinkle with feta when done.
Main: Beetroot risotto
- Sauté 1 cipolla, finely chopped and 1 garlic clove in 2tbsp of olive oil until soft.
- Add 1 e a 1/4 cup of Arborio rice and 2fl oz of white wine, let it simmer.
- Reduce the heat and add 2 e 3/4 cups of vegetable broth and stir.
- Add 3 dices beetroots and cook for 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir 3tbsp of grated parmesan.
- Season with salt, Pepe, lemon juice, sprinkle on feta and chopped walnuts
Rebecca non si è iscritta in palestra ma ha aumentato il suo cardio facendo lunghe passeggiate in spiaggia o al parco con suo figlio e il suo compagno: Chocolate bark with pomegranate and salt
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Melt 200g of dark chocolate on the stove top or microwave.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 a cup of pomegranate seeds and 1tsp of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy.
- Green tea with peppermint (libido enhancing and creates fresh breath)
Christina says that maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet can play a major role in boosting sex drive but also says feeling good about yourself is just as important
Consuming oysters, red wine and asparagus could surprisingly lead to an impaired performance, gas, bloating and can even make urine smell.
Christina says that maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet can play a major role in boosting sex drive but also says feeling good about yourself is just as important.
‘Feeling good about yourself, doing regular exercise and getting enough sleep can make a big difference,’ lei disse.