학생, 22, who was crushed at the Astroworld concert disaster is declared brain dead after losing oxygen for several minutes, her family reveal
Bharti Shahani, a senior at Texas A&미디엄, remained on a ventilator at Houston Methodist Hospital last night – four days on from the tragedy that killed eight people.
Medics have told her family her chances of survival are ‘nothing,’ her distraught father told ABC13.
She went to the concert with her sister Namrata Shahani and cousin Mohit Bellani but became separated in the chaos on Friday night.
‘Once one person fell, people started toppling like dominos. It was like a sinkhole. People were falling on top of each other,’ Bellani told ABC.
Bharti Shahani, a senior at Texas A&미디엄, remained on a ventilator at Houston Methodist Hospital last night – four days on from the tragedy that killed eight people
Medics have told Bharti’s family her chances of survival are ‘nothing,’ her distraught father told ABC13 .
‘There were like layers of bodies on the ground, like two people thick. We were fighting to come up to the top and breathe to stay alive.’
Shahani lost oxygen for several minutes, which doctors say led to the swelling of her brain stem – the part of the organ which is connected to the spine.
Namrata Shahani and Bellani lost their cell phones and were unable to find Bharti.
“Once we let go of her hand, the next time we saw her, we were in the ER,” Namrata told the station.
Her parents rushed to NRG stadium when they heard the news and then travlled to multiple hospitals in Houston before they found Bharti.
“They took us to her room, and she was bleeding and on a ventilator. Me and my wife were too shocked. We can’t even stand in there,” her father, Sunny Shahani, ABC에게.
“I think she lost oxygen for 10 minutes one time and seven minutes at another time,” Bellani explained. “So her brain stem was swollen to like 90 percent almost.”
Bharti, who studies computer programming, was set to graduate in the spring and had already secured a summer internship.
Her father said she planned to take over the family business.
Chaos at the concert in Houston which saw thousands of people surging towards the stage and hundreds injured in the crush
Ambulances outside the venue on Friday night amid chaos
Scott and Drake are being sued by 68 victims for ‘inciting mayhem’ and stand to lose ‘billions’ 이후 300 casualties were treated at an emergency field hospital in the aftermath, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more were knocked unconscious at the concert.
Powerhouse Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry said his firm is being contacted by ‘more and more’ injured people by the hour and ‘the damages suffered by [the Astroworld tragedy’s] victims could total in the billions.’
Scott paused the show on at least three occasions but failed to stop the concert for 30 minutes after a ‘mass casualty event’ had been declared by city officials.
It was reported last night that Scott had partied with Drake in downtown Houston after the tragedy, while concert-goers were either dead or fighting for their lives.
스콧, 30, continued to perform for up to 30 minutes as people were killed and crowds chanted ‘stop the show’ at NRG Park in Houston on Friday night
‘Travis didn’t know the severity of the situation when he arrived at the party,’ 소식통이 말했다 TMZ.
‘As far as timing, this remains consistent with the fact that no one including the police had publicly confirmed the gravity of the events that had taken place.’
래퍼, who said he was ‘devastated’ about the deaths and couldn’t ‘imagine anything like this happening,’ has twice been convicted for encouraging fans to jump security barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts.
밤에 큰 승리를 희망하는 다른 아티스트는 ABBA를 포함합니다., 35, called it a ‘devastating tragedy’ in an Instagram post Sunday night, 속담: ‘My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering.
‘I will continue to pray for all of them and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.’