Teen electrocuted when lightning hits house as she charged phone

Teenage girl is electrocuted when her home in Brazil is hit by lightning while she used her phone as it was charging

  • Radja Ferreira de Oliveira killed at family home in Santarem, Brasilië, op Sondag
  • Teen was using her phone while it charged when lightning struck the property
  • Electrical surge knocked her unconscious before relatives rushed her to hospital
  • But medics were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead on arrival
  • A teenage girl was electrocuted when her home in Brasilië was struck by lightning while she was using her mobile phone as it charged.

    Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was in her home in the city of Santarem, northern Brazil, when the property was struck by lightning in the early hours of Sunday.

    At the moment the lightning struck, the teen was using her phone which was plugged into the mains, and she received a severe electric shock and passed out.

    Radja Ferreira de Oliveira

    Radja Ferreira de Oliveira

    Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was using her phone as it was charging at her family home in Santarem, Brasilië, when the house was struck by lightning and she was electrocuted

    Medics were called, but the girl’s family had given her first aid and taken her to the hospital themselves by the time they arrived at the home.

    Despite the best efforts of the girl’s family, she was pronounced dead on arrival at the city’s hospital.

    Radja was the third person to be electrocuted in the Brazilian state of Para last week.

    Semeao Tavares was on a phone call in the district of Apolinario when he was struck by lightning during a different storm on Wednesday.

    Medics managed to reach him while he was still alive, but were unable to save him and he succumbed to his injuries.

    Councillor Raimundo Brito was also electrocuted during the same storm in the same area of the city while he was plucking a duck at his home.

    He managed to call for help and was taken to the local health centre, where he was treated for his injuries.

    After Oliveira’s death, officials warned of the risks while using a mobile phone while it is still chargingparticularly during a thunderstorm.

    Oliveira's relatives, who were at the property in Santarem when the lightning struck, gave her first aid and took her to hospital - but sadly she was pronounced dead on arrival

    Oliveira’s relatives, who were at the property in Santarem when the lightning struck, gave her first aid and took her to hospitalbut sadly she was pronounced dead on arrival

    Kommentaar gesluit.