The Voice word in Holland uit die lug gehaal ná sy orkesleier en een van sy afrigters – 'n gewilde Nederlandse rapper – were accused of sexually inappropriate behaviour including sending explicit texts to women on the show
The talent show’s bandleader Jeroen Rietbergen publicly admitted that he had sexual contact with women on the show years ago and has now stepped down.
Famous Dutch rapper Ali B, a coach on the show, has vehemently denied allegations on Instagram as it emerged that one woman had made a public police complaint about him.
The show’s bandleader Jeroen Rietbergen (op die foto) has publicly admitted that he had sexual contact with women on the show years ago and stepped down
YouTube programme Boos, which translates to ‘angry’ from Dutch, exposed the story after being told about acts of ‘apparent inappropriate sexual behaviour on the set’ last spring.
In a statement BNNVARA, a broadcast company that runs Boos, gesê: ‘In the spring of 2021, the editors of BOOS received stories about alleged sexually transgressive behaviour within The Voice of Holland.
‘A call followed from BOOS presenter Tim Hofman in which he asked whether there are more people who have experienced something at talent shows that are not acceptable.
‘Numerous reactions followed from people who say they are victims or witnesses of abuse of power and sexually transgressive behaviour on The Voice.
Famous Dutch rapper Ali B (op die foto) a coach on the show, has vehemently denied allegations on Instagram as it emerged that one woman had made a public police complaint about him
Ali B’s statement on Instagram. Hy het gesê: 'Ek is 100 percent convinced of my innocence. It is an accusation of something that would have happened a long time ago, but none of that is true’
‘This does not only concern charges against Jeroen Rietbergen, but charges against several people within the program.’
Broadcaster RTL dropped the show and T-Mobile, The Voice of Holland’s main sponsor, also pulled out of its deal with the programme.
Multiple women allege being victims of sexual misconduct while on the show.
Volgens Netherland News Live, in a statement to Dutch news service ANP on Saturday Rietbergen said: ‘It was more than clear to me that my behaviour towards a number of people had been unacceptable, but also that I would not be able to resolve it without professional help.’
His partner is TV presenter Linda del Mol, whose brother John de Mol owns Talpa, the company which created and used to produce The Voice.
Hy het bygevoeg: ‘My family is back together, no matter how difficult the situation for my wife has been and now is again.
Rietbergen with his partner Linda de Mol in 2018. de Mol’s brother John de Mol owns Talpa, the company which created and used to produce The Voice
He added that at the time he didn’t feel that he was in a position of power.
‘I’m also not in my position to privilege anyone in the program, I’m just about the music,’ hy het gesê.
‘I saw the contacts as reciprocal and equal.’
Ali B, op die foto, added in his statement: 'Geen, it’s not true and I’m confident the research will prove it. I find this state of affairs very unfair’
However he said he now realises his behaviour was ‘completely wrong’.
Rietbergen has also admitted that he had been warned about his behaviour in the past.
Ali B, who has also been accused of sexually in appropriate behaviour, said in a post on Instagram: 'Ek is 100 percent convinced of my innocence.
Ali B, op die foto, said that he has not had a call from the police yet but ‘will cooperate with everything’
‘It is an accusation of something that would have happened a long time ago, but none of that is true.
‘I’m ambushed by this. There is no name given, nothing concrete.
‘I can’t defend myself against that, let alone in the media, but the damage has been done.
‘I haven’t had a call from the police yet, but I will cooperate with everything.
'Geen, it’s not true and I’m confident the research will prove it. I find this state of affairs very unfair.’
Rock singer Anouk, another coach on the show, quit her role last night.
Volgens DutchNews.nl, she in a video statement said: ‘I do not want to work in a place where men can abuse their position and where they have been deliberately chosen to keep things quiet and look the other way.’
Martijn Krabbé, the show presenter, had been with The Voice since its first season in 2010 and expressed his shock at the allegations.
The claims are being investigated by Probe RTL, and external experts brought in by production company ITV.
The Boos show will be available to watch on YouTube on Thursday.