明らかに: The ‘simple trick’ for getting an extra HOUR of sleep every night this year – as expert shares her go-to routine to follow before bed
Omega 3 is the key to getting an extra hour of rest every night this year, a sleep expert has claimed.
‘A recent study found that omega 3 supplementation without any other changes can support an individual in sleeping an extra hour,’ Olivia said.
Olivia Arezzolo (写真), シドニーから, said her ‘simple trick’ can easily help you enjoy an extra 60 minutes of shut-eye, and this has been proven in clinical trials
‘A deficiency in omega 3s can contribute to a deficiency in melatonin, the sleepiness hormone, while supplementing your body with it can support your melatonin levels, reduce your anxiety and make you sleepy.’
The sleep expert highlighted that you can either find omega 3 in foods such as oily fish like salmon or hemp seeds if you’re vegetarian or vegan.
Other fish including mackerel, tuna and sardines are also rich in omega 3s.
You can also find them in nuts and seeds and plant-based oils like flaxseed oil, soybean oil, and canola oil.
‘Omega 3 is ideal for anxiety,’ Olivia added.
‘Studies show a 20 per cent decrease in anxiety after supplementation.’
If you struggle to eat omega 3s every day, you could also consider a supplement like The Beauty Chef’s Omega 3 Elixir and supplements like Nature’s Own and Nordic Naturals.
What is Olivia’s 10-step bedtime routine?
1. Create a sleep sanctuary: Remove any blue light from iPhones and devices and keep your bedroom for sleep and relaxation.
2. Block blue light: Do not allow blue light into the bedroom and restrict this two hours from bedtime.
3. Set a goodnight alarm for your phone: At this point switch it off so you wake fully refreshed.
4. Diffuse lavender: Diffuse lavender either onto your pillows or throughout the room to promote relaxation.
5. Have an evening shower or bath: This helps to promote relaxation 45-60 minutes before bed.
6. Drink chamomile tea: Do this an hour before bed to make you calm.
7. Take a magnesium supplement: This helps the muscles to relax.
8. Practise gratitude: Think about what you are grateful for.
9. Try meditation: This can be useful to help you sleep.
10. Practise deep breathing: This makes it easier to sleep.
オリビア (写真) also shared her 10-step bedtime routine that she follows every evening for the perfect night’s sleep – which includes chamomile tea and meditation
以前は, Olivia shared her 10-step bedtime routine that she follows every evening for the perfect night’s sleep.
She said she always practises deep belly breathing and meditation and takes a magnesium supplement every night, which is also known to promote sleepiness and relaxation.
Olivia likes to drink a cup of chamomile tea and banish any blue light before she settles down in bed.
‘Know that blue light, the spectrum of light suppressing melatonin and contributing to sleep difficulties, is emitted from your bathroom’s ceiling lights as well as the bedroom and your phone,’ Olivia said.
このために, even if you work hard to avoid devices and reduce blue light exposure, this will still be undone the minute you go into your bathroom to go to the toilet or take an evening shower.