The sweetest Christmas: Blueberry crumble fridge cakes
These are divinely fudgy and, like all crumbles, especially good with cream or ice cream.
130g plain flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
130g golden caster sugar
130g salted butter, chilled and cubed
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/gas 5 and arrange 12 silicone muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Whiz the pecans until finely ground in a food processor, then add the flour, cinnamon and sugar and whiz again. Add the butter and whiz until the crumble just starts to cling into nibs, taking care to stop short of it turning into a dough.
- Fill the cases by about half using half the crumble, scatter over the blueberries in a single layer, then mound the rest of the crumble on top – it will sink a little as it cooks. Bake for 30-35 minutes until crisp and lightly coloured.
- Leave to cool then chill for a couple of hours before loosely covering.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving. They will keep well for several days.