The sweetest Christmas: Blueberry crumble fridge cakes
These are divinely fudgy and, like all crumbles, especially good with cream or ice cream.
130g plain flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
130g goue strooisuiker
130g salted butter, chilled and cubed
icing sugar for dusting
- Voorverhit die oond tot 190C / 170C waaier / gas 5 and arrange 12 silicone muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Whiz the pecans until finely ground in a food processor, then add the flour, cinnamon and sugar and whiz again. Add the butter and whiz until the crumble just starts to cling into nibs, taking care to stop short of it turning into a dough.
- Fill the cases by about half using half the crumble, scatter over the blueberries in a single layer, then mound the rest of the crumble on top – it will sink a little as it cooks. Bak vir 30-35 minutes until crisp and lightly coloured.
- Leave to cool then chill for a couple of hours before loosely covering.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving. They will keep well for several days.