Police issue new TV appeal in hunt for sex attacker who raped girl, 15, in the sea in front of thousands of people off Bournemouth beach in July last year
Police investigating the horrifying rape a 15-year-old girl in the sea in front of thousands of people have made a renewed TV appeal.
The victim was with her friends playing with a ball at Bournemouth Beach in Dorset in July last year when it landed in front of her attacker.
The young man threw the ball back to one of the group and then began talking to the victim, before pulling her out deeper into the sea.
Police have released an E-Fit image of a man suspected of having raped a 15-year-old girl in the sea off Bournemouth beach on July 18, 2021
The victim claimed the man dragged her out to deeper water before attacking her (사진, Bournemouth beach)
He the raped her under the cover of the water.
The offender told the victim that he was 17-years-old, was from Birmingham and his name was ‘Dabby’.
He is described as possibly of Asian descent and with tanned skin, around 5ft 6ins tall and of a thin but muscular build with short dark hair that was pushed back and looked freshly trimmed.
He had a part-shaven left eyebrow and was wearing black or grey swimming shorts.
The incident took place at about 4pm on July 18 작년.
An appeal was first broadcast in relation to the investigation on BBC One’s Crimewatch Live last September.
Although a 17-year-old boy from Warwickshire was arrested in connection with the incident he was later released without charge.
Detectives appeared on Crimewatch Live again today to renew their appeal for help.
They said they have forensic evidence that means they can eliminate anyone who was not involved from their investigation.
Detective Inspector Wayne Seymour, 도싯 경찰 주요 범죄 수사팀, 말했다: ‘We owe it to the victim in this case to continue to explore every line of enquiry available to us and I am grateful to Crimewatch Live for helping to share our appeal again.
‘The investigative work to date indicates the suspect is believed to be from the West Midlands area and we are continuing to work with the National Crime Agency, West Midlands Police and other partner agencies.
‘We are keeping the victim and her family updated with our investigation and are doing everything we can to support them.
The victim said she visited the beach along with her friends on what was the hottest day of the year (사진, three security guards patrolling the beach on July 22, 2021)
‘Anyone who is in two minds about coming forward (should know) that if the person is not involved, due to the forensic evidence they can quickly be eliminated from our enquiries.’
In a statement the victim said she had visited the beach with friends on what was the hottest day of the year.
The statement, which was read out by an actor on the broadcast, 말했다: ‘We spent the day chilling out and sun bathing. It was around 4pm when we went into the water where my friends and I had a ball we were playing with.
‘One throw and it landed near next to a man – or a boy. I asked ‘can you give me the ball back ‘ and he said no.
‘I came closer to him and asked again – he gave it to me and I threw it to my friend.
‘He started talking to me and touching my arm – at the same time another man was making my friend uncomfortable so she left the sea.
‘I was alone now and he started to push me out into deep water and I couldn’t feel my feet on the sea floor. It was then he started touching me.
‘No one could see what was happening and it was then that he raped me.
‘I was in tears. I told my friend what had happened and I was really hurting so I went to the toilet. Then the guy came up to me again and was asking how to contact me.
‘Eventually my friend made him go away and that was the last I saw of him.
‘Since it happened I’ve changed a lot – I can’t face going out and I feel frightened and vulnerable.
‘I am so scared that people will judge me for what has happened.
‘I didn’t ask for this – I tried to stop him but I couldn’t.’