‘Ofsted will be visiting St. Hilda’s tomorrow!’: University Challenge viewers cringe at ‘brutal’ episode which saw Cambridge beat Oxford by 210 ポイント
University Challenge viewers were left reeling after last night’s episode of the quiz show which saw Oxford lost to Cambridge by a whopping 210 ポイント.
Yesterday’s BBC2 episode, hosted by Jeremy Paxman, saw Trinity Cambridge annihilate their competitors St Hilda’s College – at one point gaining a lead of 225 points to zero.
しかしながら, after an incorrect answer from Trinity, the final scores tallied up at 235 to Cambridge while Oxford came away with just 45 ポイント.
Viewers were quick to take to ツイッター to tease the team, with one joking that ‘Ofsted will be visiting St. Hilda’s tomorrow’ while others called the ‘brutal’ episode a ‘hammering’.
Yesterday’s episode of University Challenge saw Trinity Cambridge annihilate their competitors St Hilda’s College – at one point gaining a lead of 225 points to zero
However after an incorrect answer from Trinity, the final scores tallied up at 235 to Cambridge while Oxford came away with just 45 ポイント
How many Starter For Ten questions can YOU answer?
1) Derived from the Greek for a collection of flowers, what term denotes works such as the The Good Immigrant illustrated by Nikesh Shukla, Being Alive edited by Neil Astley, and The Zoo of the New edited by Nick Laird?
2) What six letter word links the second longest river of Ireland an ancient burial mound, Bonnie Parker’s partner in crime and an industrial town in south Cambria?
3) Distinctive features of which planetary satellite include oval shaped formations known as corona and cliffs of up to 20km in height?
4) Define the below term
5) Which royal figure was nominated for the 1901 for the Nobel peace prize for his involvement in the Hague peace conference?
6) Give the two short words that begin the titles of all the novels following; Samuel Butler’s novel published posthumously in 1903, a restoration comedy by William Congreve, and Anthony Trollope satirical novel about the dangers of speculative capitalism?
7) Name the person who was born in 1968 eight days after the death of his father, he married his 15-year-old first cousin at Whitehall, on his 27th birthday he died without legitimate issue in Kensington palace in 1702 having survived his wife by eight years
8) Which of Shakespeare characters was described by William Haslet in 1817 as the authors only purely contemplative character?
9) Named after a mother-daughter team, what type indicator is based on the theories of Carl Jung?
10) For the French for to sing, what name means a religious foundation, in which in return for an endowment the doles of the donor and their families will be prayed for?
「クリンジ, but not the level of cringe it was heading for!’, wrote one viewer while sharing a screenshot of Trinity’s astonishing lead.
‘Is there something St. Hilda’s can be colouring in?’, teased another viewer.
‘Trinity college Cambridge showing no mercy here against St Hilda’s, オックスフォード. Currently 215-0’, commented a third.
‘Blimey – just watched #universitychallenge What a hammering for St. Hilda’s’, 別の人が言った.
Viewers were quick to take to Twitter to tease the team, with one joking that ‘Ofsted will be visiting St. Hilda’s tomorrow’ while others called the ‘brutal’ episode a ‘hammering’
St Hilda’s team was captained by Katrina Dionsio, ロンドンから, who is studying Classics, alongside Philosophy Linguistics student Luca Chilvers from Colchester in Essex, Akshay Pal from Bolton, who is studying Engineering and Chris Bennett, from Surrey, who is reading Theology and Science.
In addition to their win, Trinity’s student team was a big hit with viewers after last night’s episode, having gained fans during their appearance in the first round of the quiz show in August.
Navonil Neogi, a Maths student from Surrey, was a particular hit with viewers after admitting to host Jeremy Paxman that he had no idea what question he had just asked during the show.
Trinity was also represented by Hatty Innes, Ludvig Brekke, and Luke Kim – with Kim becoming another favourite thanks to his constant grin while answering questions.
Now check your answers!
4) On point
5) Nicholas II
6) The Way
7) William III