Wow right now: Hasselback halloumi with tomatoes, olives & capers
Crispy ridged halloumi in a bath of salty, olive-y, fiery, aromatic tomato sauce creates such an amazing mouthful! I use rosemary in the sauce, but you can swap it out for mint, basil or dried oregano.
TAKES 20 分钟
2 x 250g blocks of halloumi
250g cherry tomatoes
2 roasted red peppers from a jar, deseeded and roughly chopped
500g mixed olives
1 tbsp capers
2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place a halloumi block between two wooden spoon handles or chopsticks and slice down in 5mm intervals. This will leave you with a sliced block that is still attached at the base. Repeat with the second block.
- Place the halloumi in a small roasting tin. Scatter the tomatoes, 胡椒, olives and capers around the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary and chilli flakes. Brush this mixture over the halloumi and drizzle the rest over the vegetables in the tray. Toss the vegetables to coat evenly. Season with a little salt and lots of pepper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the halloumi is golden and the tomatoes have started to blister and burst.
- Scatter over the parsley and serve with lots of crusty bread.