Wow right now: Moroccan spiced lamb
Lamb chops or cutlets are such a brilliant quick-fix supper as they only take about 8 minutes to cook and really hit the spot! I love spicing them up with this yogurt marinade. It does two things – packs the lamb with flavour and also tenderizes the meat, so this is definitely a step not to be skipped. If you don’t have any yogurt just leave it out, and if you don’t have harissa just use a teaspoon of smoked paprika instead.
TAKES 20 分
4-6 lamb chops, サイズに応じて
FOR THE YOGURT MARINADE
100g natural yogurt
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
FOR THE BULGUR WHEAT
240ml chicken stock
120g bulgur wheat
150g green beans, trimmed and halved
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
a handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
a handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts
a handful of pomegranate seeds
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients along with a liberal sprinkling of salt and pepper. Add the lamb chops and coat well on all sides with the marinade. Set aside for 5 分.
- In a large saucepan, heat the stock and add the bulgur wheat. Simmer, covered, for 10–15 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, drain off any excess liquid and set aside.
- While the bulgur wheat is cooking, bring a separate large saucepan of salted water to the boil and blanch the green beans for 3–4 minutes until just tender. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop them cooking.
- その間, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Lift the lamb chops out of the marinade bowl and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to rest for 5 分.
- Fluff up the bulgur wheat with a fork before mixing in the green beans and remaining bulgur wheat ingredients. Season to taste and serve alongside the lamb chops.